Apply for position Registered Nurse - Medical Imaging - Temporary Full-time (221349)
Toronto, ON, CA Posted: 4/21/2022 2:36:12 PM
We currently have a Temporary Full-time (until approx. March 2024)
opportunity for a Registered Nurse
in the Medical Imaging
department at our Bayview
campus. Hours of Work: Weekdays:
Days, Evenings, 8 hrs; As per scheduleOn Call Required Summary of Duties
The main functions of the RN include, but are not limited to:
- Patient assessment, intervention, education and advocacy
- Supporting patient care in MRI, CT, ultrasound and other modalities
- Sets up and assists with Diagnostic and Interventional procedures in the Angiography procedural rooms (EVT, insertion of central lines and tubes, embolization's, UAE's, coiling's, image guided biopsies, RFA's and other procedures).
- Administration of conscious sedation
- Hemodynamic monitoring
- Administration of contrast agents
- Preparation, recovery and discharge of patients in medical imaging;
- Scrub, circulate, hemodynamic monitoring of patients
- Requires regular wearing of lead aprons during shifts.
- The RN supports the Philosophy of Patient-Centered Care concept and principles and the Mission and Values of Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre. The RN works closely with members of the inter-professional team.
- Recent Clinical Experience in Medical Imaging or Cath Lab an asset
- Emergency Nursing Certificate, or Critical Care Certificate required
- Demonstrated good knowledge of, and experience administering sedation/analgesia/thrombolytic drugs
- Current demonstrated knowledge and application of medical/surgical asepsis
- Proven Critical thinking skills, organization skills, ability to work independently and flexibility
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current BCLS certificate required, current ACLS certificate preferred
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing preferred
- IV insertion, central vascular access device skills and venipuncture an asset;
- Demonstrated commitment to organizational initiatives and participation in nursing council, unit committees, quality improvement projects and continuing education
- Demonstrated effective ability in: interpersonal relationships; oral and written communication skills; organization skills; priority setting skills; problem solving; decision making; facilitating team work; conflict resolution
- Demonstrated ability to handle stressful environments in a positive manner
- Ability to function independently and as a part of the interprofessional team
- Demonstrated commitment to Person-Centered Care approach and principles
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications skills;
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting 221349
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click ''Apply for Position'' at the bottom of this page.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Sunnybrook, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND
have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days ago. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital's obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Apply for position
« Back to Nursing (RN / RPN)