Apply for position Registered Nurse - Hemodialysis - Regular Part-Time (212303)
Toronto, ON, CA Posted: 4/20/2022 2:40:14 PM
We currently have a Regular Part-Time (0.5 FTE)
opportunity for a Registered Nurse
position in the Hemodialysis
department at our Bayview
Campus. Hours of Work: Weekdays:
Days, Nights; 8hrs and 12hrs; As per schedule Alternating Weekends:
Days, Nights; 8hrs and 12hrs; As per schedule Statutory Holidays Required Summary of Duties
This position is for the Hemodialysis Program. The RN is responsible for the care of patients with acute, chronic and end stage kidney disease at Sunnybrook and the satellite unit. As a member of the inter-professional team providing patient-centred care, the RN will:
- Plan and provide personalized care with each patient;
- Perform and document multiple assessment activities;
- Provide health teaching & family counselling;
- Initiate, monitor and discontinue haemodialysis treatments;
- Analyse clinical data and utilize critical thinking to make decisions about required care/interventions in response to rapid changes in the patient's hemodynamic status within the scope of practice for a hemodialysis RN.
The RN will participate in the advancement of patient care through daily inter-professional rounds, unit-based and organizational committees, quality initiatives and practice-based research. Qualifications/Skills
- Current Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario in good standing
- Current B.C.L.S. Certificate required
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing, preferred
- National Certification in chosen specialty from the Canadian Nurses Association, preferred
- Minimum 2 years' experience as an RN in an acute care setting required
- Recent 1 years' Hemodialysis including Off Unit and On Call experience preferred
- Current 1 years' experience fully operating Baxter Artis machine required
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong team building and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent patient assessment skills
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Demonstrated commitment to Person-Centred Care principles and approach
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of an inter-professional team
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting 212303
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click ''Apply for Position'' at the bottom of this page.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Sunnybrook, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND
have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days ago. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital's obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Apply for position
« Back to Nursing (RN / RPN)