: Registered Nurse Department
: Medical/Surgical UnitStatus
: Temporary Full-time for approx. 12 months Hours
: Various rotating 12 hour shifts - 0730-1930 and 1930 to 0730 (Hours are subject to change based on operational needs)Site
: MiltonHalton Healthcare takes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services to our rapidly growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization, we take healthcare to a new level to meet the urgent needs of our community's growing and aging population. We are a distinctive centre of healthcare excellence that offers first-rate care in an innovative environment that supports the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of the community.Halton Healthcare's vision of Exemplary patient experiences, always , goes beyond just the patient experience; it has shaped our entire culture and remains at the core of every interaction in our organization, from our patients & families to our staff, physicians and volunteers. We believe in exemplary PEOPLE experiences always!The Medical Surgical Inpatient Unit:
The enhanced new unit including services for general medicine and general surgery has a dedicated and ambitious multidisciplinary team whom are committed to providing exemplary patient and family centered care. The day to day activity of the unit is ever changing as the patient population and diagnoses are so diverse. The unit is supported by a Clinical Resource Nurse, a Professional Practice Clinician and a Patient Care Manager. Halton Healthcare is proud to be an employer of choice who encourages staff to engage in continuous learning and take part in leadership initiatives in order to help realize their career goals.
The ideal candidate is strong in patient centered care, able to work in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment and is ready to embrace change and innovation. We require a person with excellent clinical and communication skills with a clear patient focus and the ability to inspire, manage, and implement collaborative teamwork.This is what you will be doing:
The successful incumbent will provide safe, evidence-informed quality nursing care to an acute medical and surgical patient population by combining interpersonal communication with clinical knowledge and skills.
This is what you will need to do it
- Ability to function to the full scope of practice as per CNO
- Demonstrate the ability to competently assess the patient, intervene appropriately and evaluate outcomes
- Demonstrate the knowledge, experience and ability to provide care for patients with a variety of needs including but not limited to: initiation and maintenance of IV's, administration of medication delivered via various routes, blood and blood product administration, patient controlled analgesia, TPN, care and maintenance of CVADs, capillary blood glucose monitoring, NG tubes, chest tubes, enteral feeds, wound management, oxygen therapy and tracheostomies
- Be able to provide appropriate care to pre-operative and post-operative patient
- Ability to interpret normal and abnormal laboratory values with appropriate nursing interventions
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize and organize the delivery of care in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role of the RN as a member of the interdisciplinary team
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate efficiently, effectively and respectfully to patients, visitors and members of the interdisciplinary team
- Demonstrate a commitment to providing patient-centered and family-centered care
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuing education
:Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Current registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current Heart & Stroke approved Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required at time of hire
- Recent medical/surgical experience in an acute care setting required
- Telemetry experience required
- Coronary Care I is required within 6 months of hire
- Critical care experience is preferred
- Physical Assessment Course is an asset
- Ability to prioritize and work efficiently in a rapidly changing environment
- Organized and with ability to work in a team environment
- Previous experience working with Meditech and McKesson Visibility is an asset
- Strong patient assessment skills required
- Caring, compassionate, customer focused attitude towards patients and families
- Able to physically meet the demands of the role
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record required
: $34.24 to $49.02 per hourDate Posted:
April 28, 2022Internal applications due by:
May 5, 2022
Please apply if you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com
directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
W e thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with Directive #6, Halton Healthcare has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination and Management Policy. All new hires must be fully compliant with our Policy as a condition of employment with Halton Healthcare. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of vaccination or proof of a documented medical exemption as part of the hiring process.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals' health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.