JOB POSTING #897067
Position: Nurse PractitionerSite: Toronto General Hospital
Department: Cardiology (General)
Salary Range: $47.87 - $59.83 per hour
Hours: 37.5 Hours Per Week with Weekend Days, as Required
Status: Permanent Part-Time Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning.
The University Health Network, where "above all else the needs of patients come first" , encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN
. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. Tthe University Health Network (UHN), Canada's largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world.
The scope of research and complexity of cases at Toronto General Hospital have made it a national and international source for discovery, education and patient care. It has one of the largest hospital-based research programs in Canada, with major research in transplantation, surgical innovation, cardiology, infectious diseases, genomic medicine and liver disease. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here
The Nurse Practitioner (NP)
, having a specialty-based focus, functions in an expanded nursing role demonstrating a high level of autonomy and expert skill to formulate clinical decisions and appropriately manage patients in the Cardiology In-Patient Unit. The NP will also provide leadership in identifying opportunities for improving patient care and provide support, guidance and facilitate the development of knowledge in nursing staff involved in this population of patients. The principal responsibilities include: utilizing and demonstrating a comprehensive theoretical knowledge base and advanced level of clinical competence in caring for cardiac patients involving, collecting and interpreting data about the health of the patient, determining a medical diagnosis and treating complex responses of individuals and families to actual or potential problems; playing a leadership role and performing quality improvement and administrative responsibilities; participating in policy and procedure development; performing research activities; delivering, coordinating and participating in education and professional development activities/programs; performing activities to further develop and strengthen the profession; acting as a resource and serving as a consultant to individuals and groups within the professional community and other hospital/agencies; performing other duties consistent with the job classification, as required.
- Completion of Masters Degree Program in Nursing ( or one semester from completion)
- Registered Nurse (EC) certification complete or pending
- Nurse Practitioner (NP) Adult or Primary Care certificate complete or pending
- Current Certificate of Competence with College of Nurses of Ontario
- Three to five years nursing experience in an acute treatment centre
- Experience in nursing research methodology
- Eligible for cross-appointment to an academic institution
- Membership in the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario (RNAO) and other organizations relevant to the role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal and customer services skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent decision making, problem recognition and problem solving skills
- Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Program planning and evaluation methodology skills
- Commitment to collaborative practice
- Ability to work effectively independently and under stressful conditions
- Ability to work in a self directed manner
- Ability to utilize information technology
- Cardiology patient care experience preferred
- Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
POSTED DATE: April 14, 2022 CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
If you are interested in contributing at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
UHN thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.