Job Number: J0921-1670
Job Title: Registered Nurse - GEN 4 Central Medicine
Department: 4 Central Medicine
Job Category: Nursing
Hospital Location: General
Job Type: Part Time
Number Of Positions: 1
Union: ONA Local 111
Hours: Days, Nights
Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada's most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America's largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY: As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital's Workplace Health and Safety department.
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
Reporting to the Patient Care Manager, you will be responsible for providing excellent care to a diverse patient population within our multi-service environment. 4 Central Medicine is a fast-paced medical unit that provides opportunity for nurses, including new graduates, to develop new practical skills and strengthen existing skills. In this unit, there is a staffing mix of both RN′s and RPN′s. with a delivery care model of Total Patient Care. You will provide high quality nursing care to patients and their families, based on the philosophy and conceptual framework of Nursing Practice at Scarborough Health Network (SHN). You may be scheduled at the General or Birchmount hospital based on departmental needs.
This Job Posting is posted under the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act - Bill 195.
• Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Current BCLS
• Proven knowledge of Braden Scale
• Patient Assessment and Health Promotion/Teaching skills
• Willingness to work with mixed aggregation of patients
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
• Demonstrates excellent problem-solving, decision making and critical thinking skills
• Demonstrates excellent organizational, time-management and team building skills
• Demonstrates initiative and the ability to function both independently and as a multidisciplinary team member in a fast paced demanding environment
• Demonstrates excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrates a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues and volunteers and other members of the community and public
• Demonstrates values consistent with SHN′s Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation
• Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to SHN's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety, and environmental safety and participates in regular in-service education in this area
• Utilize protective equipment provided and identify and reports hazards
• Engages in ethical conduct and strives to understand and appreciate the diversity of our patient/staff population and community
• Excellent work performance and attendance
• Baccalaureate degree in nursing
• Experience in Acute Medical Nursing
• Ability to speak another language
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community's unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our exciting opportunities by following us on Twitter at: SHNCareers