Apply for position Registered Nurse - Critical Care Unit - Regular Part-Time (221421)
Toronto, ON, CA Posted: 4/27/2022 4:19:06 PM
We currently have a Regular Part-Time
opportunity for a Registered Nurse
in the Critical Care Unit
at our Bayview
Campus. Hours of Work: Weekdays & Alternating Weekends:
Days, Nights; 12 hrs; As per schedule Statutory Holidays Required Summary of Duties:
Reporting to the Patient Care Manager, the Registered Nurse in the Critical Care Unit works in collaboration with the entire health care team, the patient and family. The main functions of the RN include, but are not limited to: assessment, intervention, education and patient advocacy of this critically ill patient population. The RN supports the concepts and principles of Patient-Focused Care and the Mission and Values of Sunnybrook as she/he practices within the Hospital, and the College of Nurses of Ontario Standards of Nursing Practice. Qualifications/Skills
- Current registration with the Ontario College of Nurses
- Current BCLS certificate
- Current ACLS certificate preferred
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing preferred
- CNCC(C) an asset
- Two-to-three (2-3) years clinical experience in specialty area preferred
- Critical Care Certificate essential in lieu of related critical care experience
- Successful completion of the CrCU critical care entrance quiz
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education within the past two (2) years with emphasis placed on courses/conferences related to critical care specialties
- Demonstrated commitment to organizational initiatives such as completion of the Patient-Focused Care Course and participation in nursing council, unit committees and quality improvement projects
- Demonstrated effective ability in: interpersonal relationships; oral and written communication skills; organization skills; priority setting skills; problem solving; decision making; facilitating team work; conflict resolution
- Ability to integrate and apply critical thinking skills to patient care
- Ability to handle stressful environment in a positive manner
- Ability to function independently and as a part of the multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated commitment to person centred care approaches and principles
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting 221421to:
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click ''Apply for Position'' at the bottom of this page.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Sunnybrook, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND
have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days ago. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital's obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Apply for position
« Back to Nursing (RN / RPN)