JOB POSTING #897086
Position: Clinical (Nursing) Coordinator - TRI
Department: Staffing Resource Team (Staffing Office - TRI)
Scale/Grade: F0 03
Hours: 37.5 hours per week - Predominantly Days, Occasional Evening, Nights & Weekends as needed
Status: Permanent Full Time
Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning...
At University Health Network, which consists of Toronto General, Toronto Western, Princess Margaret and Toronto Rehab hospitals, nothing is more important to us than our team of dedicated employees. UHN focuses on creating and maintaining a workplace of choice, where our people are recognized and valued. We focus on creating a workplace where people enjoy the challenge of their career, create and engage in best practices and are treated with respect.
As a member of the Staffing Resource Team (Staffing Office) working in collaboration with the Supervisor and Manager, this position will play a leadership role in the support and expansion of the Staffing Office program at UHN. The key responsibilities of the CLINICAL COORDINATOR include: Supporting and guiding the new Staffing Resource Team nurses and PSWs in their transition to independent practice on the various units they may be assigned to work, supporting and coordinating the new and existing Staffing Office future preceptors as they in turn guide and support new Staffing Office nurses and PSWs in their transition, and supporting and coordinating the new nurse and PSW orientation to help with the transition to a fully competent functioning nurse/PSW.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing required
- Current certificate of competency (licensure) from the College of Nurses of Ontario required
- Completion of a recognized Master's Degree, Nursing program, preferred
- Minimum 2-3 years of recent and relevant experience as Registered Nurse in clinical work working with patients
- Previous project management experience and participation in process improvement and quality improvement events preferred
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with all members of the inter-professional team
- Capability to coach, mentor and provide feedback while fostering a positive work culture
- Ability to support the clinical team in a professional manner
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to problem solve clinical issues with the support of Operational Lead of Program
- Excellent critical thinking, decision making and conflict resolution skills
- Strong patient and customer focused philosophy in all interactions
- Solid computer skills; experience with relevant healthcare applications
- Communicates in an effective, professional manner
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment
- Innovative Thinker, comfortable with thinking outside the box and able to creatively find solutions for issues/problems
- Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Posted date: April 20, 2022 Closing Date: Until Filled
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
UHN thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: all religions and ethnicities, LGBTQ2s+, BIPOC, persons with disabilities and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.