JOB POSTING #897427
Position: Nurse Practitioner Site: Toronto Western Hospital
Department: ED/GIM, Infectious Diseases, MDU, GI/Dermatology, Family & Community Medicine and Primary Care
Scale/Grade: F0 05
Salary Range: $47.87 - $59.83 per hour
Hours: 37.5 Hours Per Week with Weekend Days, as Required
Status: Temporary Full-Time Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning.
The University Health Network, where "above all else the needs of patients come first" , encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN
. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. Tthe University Health Network (UHN), Canada's largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world.
A world leader in neural and sensory science, Toronto Western Hospital has a strong community and population health program, providing innovative programs for and information to seniors, diabetes patients, and many multicultural groups. Toronto Western Hospital has been serving the health care needs of its culturally diverse local community for more than 100 years. Today, the hospital provides highly specialized tertiary care to people from surrounding areas and across Canada. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) provides extended nursing care that optimizes patient outcomes, enhances safety, efficiency, effectiveness and accessibility to health care for patients in the General Internal Medicine (GIM) Program. The NP works alongside an interprofessional care team to provide integrated and comprehensive care to patients, including facilitating discharge disposition. The NP works alongside other Nurse leaders to support the advancement of nursing practice, by supporting the implementation and evaluation of nursing best practice guidelines, and other initiatives. The NP works in collaboration with Physicians and other members of the inter-professional team to develop, implement and evaluate best practices to deliver holistic care.
Principal responsibilities include: utilizing and demonstrating a comprehensive theoretical knowledge base and advanced level of clinical competence in caring for patients involving, collecting and interpreting data about the health of the patient, determining a medical diagnosis and treating complex responses of individuals and families to actual or potential problems; playing a leadership role and performing quality improvement and administrative responsibilities; participating in policy and procedure development; Knowledge transfer; leading the translation and sharing the new knowledge; performing research activities; delivering, coordinating and participating in education and professional development activities/programs; performing activities to further develop and strengthen the profession; acting as a resource and serving as a consultant to individuals and groups within the professional community and other hospital/agencies; performing other duties consistent with the job classification, as required.
- Completion of Master's Degree Program in Nursing
- Registered Nurse (EC) certification complete Nurse Practitioner (NP) Adult or Primary Care certificate complete
- Current Certificate of Competence with College of Nurses of Ontario
- Three to five years nursing experience in an acute treatment centre preferred
- Experience in the field of Diabetes / Wound care and management preferred
- Experienced in care and management of geriatric patients preferred
- Experience in nursing research methodology
- Eligible for cross-appointment to an academic institution
- Membership in the Nurse Practitioners Association of Ontario (NPAO) and other organizations relevant to the role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer services skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent decision making, problem recognition and problem solving skills
- Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Program planning and evaluation methodology skills
- Commitment to collaborative practice
- Ability to work effectively independently under stressful conditions
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner
- Ability to utilize information technology
POSTED DATE: April 21, 2022 CLOSING DATE: May 19, 2022
If you are interested in contributing at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
UHN thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.