Job posting# 897940
Position: Research Nurse (Clinical Research Coordinator III)
Site: Princess Margaret Cancer Centre
Department: Department of Medical Oncology
Reports to: Nurse Manager, Clinical Trials
Pay Range: $76,440 - $95,550 per annum (Commensurate with experience and consistent with UHN Compensation Policy)
Hours: 37.5 per week
Status: Permanent Full-timeUniversity Health Network (UHN)
is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of Research Nurse (Clinical Research Coordinator III)
in our Department of Medical Oncology.
Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning.
The University Health Network, where "above all else the needs of patients come first" , encompasses Toronto Rehabilitation Institute, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN.
The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of " Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning" , the University Health Network (UHN), Canada's largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world.
University Health Network (UHN) is a research hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto and a member of the Toronto Academic Health Science Network. The scope of research and complexity of cases at UHN have made it a national and international source for discovery, education and patient care. Research across UHN's five research institutes spans the full spectrum of diseases and disciplines, including cancer, cardiovascular sciences, transplantation, neural and sensory sciences, musculoskeletal health, rehabilitation sciences, and community and population health. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here.
The Clinical Research Coordinator III collaborates with the health care team and Principal Investigators to assume responsibility for assigned patient management and coordination of several aspects of clinical studies for the Cancer Clinical Research Unit at Princess Margaret Cancer Centre. Studies include pharma-sponsored, cooperative group sponsored (such as NCIC) as well as Investigator initiated trials.
Responsibilities include coordination of patient activities such as sample collection including processing and shipment of samples according to clinical trials protocols, assessments, vital signs, ECG's, monitoring and administration of treatments as per study protocol; assists the primary Clinical Research Coordinator III with clinical care for patients participating in clinical trials and the implementation and coordination of all aspects of data collection and source documentation, as per UHN policy and ICH/GCP guidelines. Qualifications:
- Registered Nurse with a minimum of three (3) years experience
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- BScN preferred
- Excellent phlebotomy, IV and CVL skills
- CNA certification in Oncology preferred
- deSouza Chemo/Bio certification preferred
- Excellent organizational and time management skills required
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to utilize the nursing process in planning, implementing and evaluating patient care
- Evidence of good physical assessment, psychosocial assessment and patient/family teaching skill
- Autonomous clinical critical thinking ability
- Recognized certification in clinical research (ACRP or SOCRA) obtained or plans to work towards
- Knowledge of IATA shipping regulations and basic laboratory procedures an asset
- Minimum one (1) year clinical experience in oncology- with strong knowledge base
- Previous clinical research experience preferred
- Training in ICH/GCP guidelines an asset.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to set priorities and work independently with accuracy in a dynamic environment
- Proficiency with MS Office software - Word and Excel desired
Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.Posting Date: April 28, 2022 Closing Date: May 26, 2022
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: all religions and ethnicities, LGBTQ2s+, BIPOC, persons with disabilities and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.