Job Number: J0422-1482
Job Title: Registered Nurse - Diagnostic Imaging (CEN)
Department: Angiography / Interventional
Job Category: Nursing
Hospital Location: Centenary
Job Type: Part Time
Number Of Positions: 1
Union: ONA Local 111
Hours: Days, Evenings, Weekends, Holidays, On Call
Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada′s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America′s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY: As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital′s Workplace Health and Safety department.
Reporting to the Manager of Diagnostic Imaging, the successful candidate will be responsible for assessing, planning implementation and evaluating nursing care and practice activities in a multidisciplinary family centered care environment. Diagnostic Imaging employs a multi-disciplinary team approach to patient care utilizing the skills of physicians, specialized technologists and a number of other professionals. The nursing role involves a collaborative approach to the coordination of Diagnostic procedures with all units in the hospital. The nurse will assist the radiologists in performing procedures and support the technical staff in assuring a high quality of patient care.
Company Vacancy/Request for Transfer:
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
• Current certification with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Current Certification in IV Therapy or working towards
• Currently competent in BCLS/ACLS at Health Care Provider level
• Minimum 2 years current emergency, surgical and/or critical care nursing experience required
• Minimum 1 year current DI experience, preferred
• Critical Care or equivalent certificate from a recognized institution, preferred
• Patient assessment course or equivalent, preferred
• Commitment to ongoing professional development
• Ability to wear Radiation Personal Protective wear (lead aprons) for extended periods of time
• Evidence of sound organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to work well in stressful situations
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and documentation skills with the ability to work well with patients, families, all levels of staff and the community
• Ability to work well independently and to exercise sound judgment
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the position
• Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to SHN's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety, and environmental safety and participates in regular in-service education in this area
• Demonstrates values consistent with SHN′s Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation
• Demonstrates excellent work performance and attendance record
• Demonstrates a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues, volunteers and other members of the community and public
• Knowledge of Diagnostic imaging special and interventional procedures employing sterile techniques
• Familiarity with Radiation safety principles
• Familiarity with Diagnostic Imaging workflow
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community′s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our exciting opportunities by following SHNCareers on Twitter and on Instagram.