Registered Nurse x2Department:
Intensive Care UnitStatus:
Permanent Part-time (must provide availability of up to 0.2 FTE)Hours:
Various rotating 12 hour shifts; 0730-1930, 1930-0730 -- Hours are subject to change based on operational requirementsSite:
MiltonHalton Healthcare takes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services to our rapidly growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization, we take healthcare to a new level to meet the urgent needs of our community's growing and aging population. We are a distinctive centre of healthcare excellence that offers first-rate care in an innovative environment that supports the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of the community.Halton Healthcare's vision of Exemplary patient experiences, always , goes beyond just the patient experience; it has shaped our entire culture and remains at the core of every interaction in our organization, from our patients & families to our staff, physicians and volunteers. We believe in exemplary PEOPLE experiences always!This is what you'll be doing:
Care of critical medical, surgical, and respiratory patients. Must perform numerous added nursing skills and appropriate delegated medical acts. May involve charge nurse duties on shift.This is what you'll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Current Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current Heart & Stroke approved Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required at time of hire
- Current ACLS certification required at time of hire and ongoing
- Current Critical Care Certificate required or in progress
- Minimum of 1 year recent experience in a Critical Care setting
- Ability to interpret advanced arrhythmias and 12 lead ECG
- Must be comfortable with equipment i.e. monitors, pumps, ECG machines, phlebotomy, invasive pressure monitoring ventilators.
- Must possess excellent decision making & problem solving skills
- Demonstrated strong leadership & assessment skills
- Must possess excellent documentation skills
- Ability to work well under stress
- Proven history of ongoing professional development and be a self-directed learner.
- Knowledge and skill of PRISMA machine an asset
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record required
The ideal candidate is strong in patient centered care in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment and should be ready to drive change and innovation. We require a person with good communication skills with a clear patient focus with the ability to manage execution and to foster teamwork and cooperation.Salary:
$34.24 to $49.02 per hourDate posted:
April 26, 2022Internal applications due by:
May 3, 2022
Please apply if you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com
directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
W e thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with Directive #6, Halton Healthcare has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination and Management Policy. All new hires must be fully compliant with our Policy as a condition of employment with Halton Healthcare. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of vaccination or proof of a documented medical exemption as part of the hiring process.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals' health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.