Position Profile Humber River Hospital. Lighting New Ways In Healthcare.
Five years since opening our doors as North America's first fully digital hospital and we remain unwavering in our belief that we can change the hospital where we work, the community where we live, and the world of healthcare beyond our borders. Serving a community of 850,000 residents in North West Toronto, Equity Inclusivity and active participation in the North West Toronto Ontario Health Team are key initiatives important to our Team. At Humber River Hospital, we use a custom combination of technology and clinical expertise to rebuild elements of care. We make technology work for staff and physicians; giving them more time to spend with patients, to eliminate inefficiencies, and to reduce the chance of errors. Humber River Hospital is formally affiliated with both the University of Toronto and Queen's University and committed to becoming a community academic hospital. Clinical Excellence, Optimizing Care through Technology and Community Connection frame our Research Strategy.
At Humber River Hospital, we're not hoping for a renaissance, we are making it happen. As part of our dynamic team, you can lead the way, as we continue our journey towards high reliability care!
Right now we're looking for a Registered Practical Nurse
to work in our Acute Medicine Unit, 12 West Location:
Wilson Site (Subject to Change)Hours of work:
8 & 12 hour Rotating Shifts, Days, Nights Evenings & WeekendsEmployee Group:
$30.779 - $31.253
- RPN responsibilities for general medicine, geriatric, ALC and palliative inpatients.
- Coordination of care within an interprofessional team
- Complete electronic Meditech 6.0 documentation system
- Participation in unit based projects or hospital committees as required
- Mentorship for new hires and pre-grad RPN nursing students
- Graduate from a recognized Registered Practical Nursing two year diploma program.
- Current RPN registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Current BCLS certification.
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to set priorities.
- Minimum 2 years of recent medical/geriatric experience is preferred.
- Critical thinking and prioritization skills required.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to problem solve with the team.
- Experience with patient health teaching.
- Demonstrate competency in a variety of skills including (but not limited to), intramuscular injections, intravenous therapy initiation and discontinuation, Blood Transfusion, Wound Care Dressing, Medication Administration, etc.
- Demonstrate adherence to the hospital's code of conduct.
- Advance Physical Assessment Skill is required.
- Basic computer skills and Meditech 6.0 experience is an asset.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Excellent attendance and discipline free record required.
Why Humber? Why Now?
Humber River Hospital is on an exciting transformation journey of redefining patient care, as we leverage the most advanced technologies to enhance all aspects of delivering high-quality, safe care. We continue to build a people-centered workplace with excellent staff and physician engagement by hiring passionate, diverse and inclusive healthcare professionals. People who care and encompass our values of Compassion , Professionalism and Respect . People who are committed to making a positive difference.
We are a Huron Consulting
hospital, focused on building our evidence-based leadership practice and hardwiring a culture that WOWs.
Humber River Hospital is a member of the Toronto Academic Health Science Network
(TAHSN), which is a dynamic network of academic health organizations providing leading edge research, teaching and clinical care.
We have collaborated with TAHSN member institutions in addressing the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic. Our membership in TAHSN supports our strategic pillar of advancing Humber River Hospital as a community academic hospital.
Humber River Hospital was the recipient of the 2021 Excellence in Patient Safety Award
by the Canadian College of Health Leaders. This award recognizes teams that are committed to improving patient safety within a healthcare environment, through leadership, innovation, culture, and best practises.
Why? Because at Humber River Hospital, we know it is our people and our ability to innovate that allows us to consistently deliver a great patient experience and the best quality outcomes. After all, we are the hospital that believes exceptional care...healthier community
Interested applicants are asked to apply online before the closing date
Internal Applications that are incomplete or contain incorrect information may not be considered. We thank all candidates that apply but only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview
Humber River Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact the Human Resources Department for assistance.Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Humber River Hospital, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the hired employee's first date of employment Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital's obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis