Job Details: Personal Support Worker - Elgin Manor
Open DateApr 29 2022 - 03:57:00 PM
Close DateMay 31 2022 - 04:30:00 PM
Position TitlePersonal Support Worker - Elgin Manor
Posting TypePart Time (SEIU)
Hours per Week
up to 24
Homes and Seniors Services
Elgin County Homes
$25.82 - 26.22/hr
The Personal Support Worker is responsible for the provision of care and attention to the personal needs of all residents of the Home in accordance with established routine procedures. the Personal Support Worker will perform the following list of duties as well as any additional duties the supervisor assigns
SUMMARY OF WORK: 1. Gives assistance to any resident that requires help to get up or be put to bed.
2. Assists residents to the washroom, dining room, etc.
3. Serves meals in bed care and special/resident care.
4. Strips and makes beds as necessary.
5. Sets tables.
6. Bathes residents (i.e. cutting toe and finger nails).
7. Performs minor treatments; provides Peri-care.
8. Writes daily reports and reads previous reports (computer).
9. Completes daily records at the end of each shift (computer).
10. Prepares and serves H.S. lunch.
11. Sets out and collects bedpans and sterilizes them.
12. Empties laundry carts.
13. Answers call lights / bells and periodically checks on residents.
14. Washes geriatric chairs and wheelchairs weekly.
15. Participates in reality classes in special care.
16. Cleans sinks in kitchenettes.
17. Ensures residents' rooms are tidy (i.e. removing dirty clothing, putting out clean clothing in the A.M.).
18. Assists residents in cleaning teeth and dentures.
19. Sets out face cloths and towels as required.
20. Orders residents' trays when necessary.
21. Complies with fire and safety regulations in the Home.
22. Moves residents from one room to another when they transfer.
23. Performs other duties as required.
24. Works in a manner and with the protective devices, measures and procedures required by the County of Elgin and the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations.
25. Advises immediate supervisor of the existence of any potential or actual danger to the health and safety of a worker of which he/she is aware.
QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Graduate of a Personal Support Worker program from a recognized post-secondary institution.
2. Must be willing to further their training of the Personal Support Worker field through in-services, etc.
3. Up to date knowledge regarding Health & Safety Procedures/Policies.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $25.82-$26.22 per hour