Halton Healthcare Posting #: 2021-886432
Clinical Nurse ExternDepartment:
Various Clinical AreasStatus:
Temporary Part-time and Temporary Full-time positions Hours:
Various rotating shifts (Scheduling will be determined based on unit needs and may include day/evening/night and weekend shifts)Site:
Oakville, Milton, Georgetown Hospital sites
Halton Healthcare is hiring Clinical Nurse Externs to join our Innovative, Compassionate and Patient-Centre Team!
Halton Healthcare takes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services to our rapidly growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization, we are committed to being an innovative centre of excellence in community hospital care in the Halton and Peel Regions. We are a distinctive centre of healthcare excellence that offers first-rate care in an innovative environment that supports the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of the community.
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who exemplify our mission, vision and values of Compassion, Accountability and Respect, which guide our individual behaviors and attitudes. We are looking for passionate, self-directed nursing students who thrive on working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
The Clinical Extern role a transitional role where nursing students can gain clinical expertise, specialty knowledge and self-confidence, as well as build on collaboration and communication skills.
Clinical Externs are unregulated health care providers and function to enhance team dynamics and contribute to overall patient care. Position Profile:
- Practice in a team based model of care to provide support to the patient care teams, by assisting with basic clinical tasks under the supervision of a registered nurse
- Participates in patient assessments
- Assists the Care Team with:
- Bathing/hygiene and Personal Care
- Turning and Repositioning
- Transfers using Lifts and other transfer devices - (as 2nd person and if directly supervised by unit RN/RPN)
- Basic Skin Care - (as 2nd person and if directly supervised by unit RN/RPN)
- Setting up Patients for meals and assisting patients where necessary (i.e., open packages, food containers etc.) and assisting with feeding.
- Purposeful Rounding Q1H (Pain, Positioning, Personal care, Patient Safety) and reporting to nurse
- Answer call bells, addressing patient concerns where appropriate and advising nursing staff when nursing assistance is required
- Contributes to TOA (includes Bedside Report)
- Orientate patients and family to the emergency department environment, providing information about the room, and unit routines as appropriate. Assist families to locate rooms, cafeteria, waiting areas and other hospital areas as appropriate
Date Posted: January 27, 2022
- Baccalaureate Nursing Program (RN) in 2nd, 3rd or 4th year of study or Practical Nursing Program in final year of study
- Will also accept final year of accelerated Baccalaureate Nursing Program)
- Completed recent clinical placement at Halton Healthcare preferred
- Demonstrated ability to complete patient care tasks as directed
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task with proven organizational skills
- Excellent communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated confidence in knowledge, skills, judgement and ability to function in the team based model of care
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com
directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
W e thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals' health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.