Apply for position Registered Practical Nurse- Mental Health- Regular Part-time (221015)
Toronto, ON, CA Posted: 3/29/2022 1:34:09 PM
We currently have a Regular Part Time (0.4 FTE)
opportunity for a Registered Practical Nurse
in the Inpatient Mental Health Unit
at our Bayview Campus. Hours of Work: Weekdays and Alternating Weekends
: Days; Evenings; 8 hrs; As per schedule Statutory Holiday(s) required. Summary of Duties
The RPN works collaboratively alongside other health care professionals and will incorporate current evidence and best practice into plans of care for patients with various mental health diagnoses. As a member of the team the RPN is highly adaptable and flexible in a fast paced environment. The unit consists of adolescent beds, adult ward and a psychiatric intensive care unit.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ability to conduct ongoing risk assessments and identification of risk factors for self-harm behaviours
- Ability to understand and respond immediately to patient reactions by applying de-escalation techniques
- Physical assessment skills, critical thinking skills and problem solving skills
- Demonstrate commitment to quality improvement, ongoing professional development and reflective practice
- Current registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario with no restrictions to practice as a Registered Practical Nurse
- RPN diploma required
- Current B.C.L.S. Certificate
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention certificate
- Demonstrate knowledge or recent experience working with psychiatric population and/or management of high risk behaviour
- Knowledge of principles of CBT and DBT an asset
- Applicants with certification and/or completed additional training related to Mental Health will be given priority
- Demonstrated commitment to Person-Centred Care
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills
- Evidence of ongoing commitment to professional practice and support of a quality practice setting environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to safe, high quality, ethical care
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize patient care assignments within the RPN scope of practice collaboratively with RNs and other members of the inter-professional team
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting 221015
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click ''Apply for the Position'' at the bottom of this page.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Sunnybrook, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND
have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days ago. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital's obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Apply for position
« Back to Nursing (RN / RPN)