Location: Hensall, Ontario
Position: Registered Practical Nurse - Full-Time
Tired of living to work? Work to LIVE in beautiful Hensall! Located in the heart of Huron County, Hensall is only a short distance from the shores of Lake Huron/Grand Bend, and only 40 minutes from the city of London and town of Stratford. There are many activities residents of Hensall can enjoy, such as all the joys beach life has to offer, as well as year round camping and amazing outdoor activities at Pinery Provincial Park. There are also flea markets, farmers markets, and numerous restaurants and art galleries around 'Ontario's West Coast'. And, with Hensall Heritage Hall, and the Stratford Theatre close by, you're never from amazing live theatre!
● Ensuring exceptional resident care is provided while following protocols and maintaining physicians' orders.
● Observing, reporting and recording vital signs, symptoms and conditions of residents, and initiating remedial health measures where appropriate, medication administration, organizing and directing functions and activities related to provision of care to residents.
● Assisting in the management of the work of nursing and personal care staff.
● Training and professional development of new staff, referring concerns to the Director of Care.
● Appropriate current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
● A serving heart and a passion for caring for seniors.
● Registration/eligible for registration with the Registered Practical Nurses Association of Ontario.
● Previous similar experience in long-term care an asset, with comprehensive knowledge of duties.
● Ability to work individually and as part of a team, to prioritize tasks in order of urgency.
● Excellent communication (verbal and written) and comprehension skills.
● Developed creative problem solving skills to look at the "big picture".
Interested applicants should send their resume here. We would like to thank all applicants for your interest in working as part of our team! Only those applicants selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted.
In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.
Powered by JazzHR