RESIDENT CARE PARTNER (Personal Support Worker) Amica The Glebe Part-time. Imagine working for a growing, industry-leading organization where people join together for meaningful work
Amica Senior Lifestyles is setting a new standard for senior living in Canada by combining unparalleled premium hospitality and amenities with expert care and support to deliver a personalized senior living experience. Committed to enriching the lives of seniors now and as their needs change, Amica offers Independent Living (IL), Assisted Living (AL) and Memory Care (MC) lifestyle options. Established in 1996, the company owns and operates over 30 residences in British Columbia, Alberta and Ontario, with plans to continue expansion in select markets . Why should I join Amica?
What does a day in the life of a Resident Care Partner (Personal Support Worker) look like?
- We are committed to your personal and professional growth
- Our nurturing environment encourages learning, innovation and excellence
- Team members are supported by a culture of collaboration and teamwork
- New ideas and approaches are encouraged by leaders
- Our teams are diverse and reflective of the communities we serve; we embrace diversity and inclusion as an opportunity to innovate, thrive and grow
- Easy to use app available for you to pick up additional shifts at your residence and other Amica residences
- Master scheduling that provides consistency
- Local leaders that provide in-person leadership in service to you
- Industry competitive wages and benefits
As the Resident Care Partner you have the opportunity to engage and interact with residents throughout their daily activities in a meaningful and supportive way. Some of these activities include:
What do I need to be a Resident Care Partner (Personal Support Worker) at Amica?
- Getting to know each resident you serve
- Asking residents how they are doing
- Providing personalized care
- Tidying suites
- Participating in life enrichment activities together
- Coordinating communication with loved ones
- Reminding residents of and supporting them to meals or appointments.
- Must be a graduate from a recognized Personal Support Worker program; students currently enrolled in a nursing program and internationally certified nursing candidates with one-year Canadian nursing/PSW experience or more will be considered
- Level 1 First Aid, CPR / AED Certificate
- Good verbal and written communication skills - English is essential
What Covid-19 precautions have been taken to keep you safe?
- Interacts with others in an effective, compassionate, empathetic and supportive manner
- Respects each resident as an individual and is aware of their need for self-respect and privacy, and the right to share in decisions about their care
- Keen observation, decision making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop harmonious relations with team members, residents and families
- Demonstrates ability to organize workload and adapt to unexpected tasks and situations
- Ability to use related technology and equipment
- Medication administration with training provided through Amica
Trust - Compassion - Excellence - Teamwork - Growth
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) and in-depth, ongoing hand hygiene training provided
- Daily screener completed by team members, residents and visitors
- Vaccination rates of over 80% for team members and 97% for our residents in our residences
- On site Covid-19 testing and vaccinations
At Amica Senior Lifestyles we are passionate about working together in a supportive and inclusive environment that fosters innovation and turns ideas into action. We remain committed to creating workplaces that reflect the communities in which we operate. We are actively seeking applicants from all religions and ethnicities, LGBTQ2s+, Black, Indigenous, racialized people, and persons with disabilities and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for our positions.
Amica Senior Lifestyles recognizes the importance of immunization to protect our residents, team members and visitors from COVID-19. Effective October 2021, a condition of employment is requiring that all new hires have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.