Position Profile Join our professional team of Registered Nurses as we work together to deliver compassionate care that is responsive to the healthcare needs of our community.
Humber River Hospital is committed to revolutionizing patient care for our diverse community. We are looking for exceptional individuals to join our great team: people who share our passion to deliver excellent, patient-focused, expert care. The Hospital is formally affiliated with both the University of Toronto and Queen's University.
Right now we're looking for a Registered Nurse
to work in our Mobile Crisis
, Mental Health and Addictions Program.
The Mobile Crisis Intervention Team (MCIT) Registered Nurse (RN) partners with a Toronto Police Services officer to provide secondary response to police-directed calls regarding individuals identified as emotionally disturbed persons (EDP) in distress. The MCIT is a collaborative initiative between Humber River Hospital and the Toronto Police Services (Divisions 12, 13, 23 and 31). This innovative program provides mobile crisis intervention within North West area of the Toronto Police Service Divisions.
Are you a compassionate RN who is focused on delivering high-quality, safe-care? If yes, we invite you to read the details below then apply.Reporting Relationship:
Manager of Mental healthHourly Rate Range:
$32.21 - $46.11Schedule Requirements:
10 hour tours 1100hrs to 2100hrs (subject to change) Availability for weekends and statutory holidays requiredLocation: In the Community- will provide coverage in other Mental Health Units as required (in the event that the MCIT does not go into the community)Employee Group:
- Provide prompt community based mental health crisis assessment, intervention and referral to the most appropriate hospital or community services and supports.
- De-escalates crisis situations using best practice principles and guidelines
- Liaise with hospital and community resources and supports as needed.
- Will participate in outreach and liaison with community partners, key stakeholders and identified significant others.
- Collects and compiles MCIT statistics (PSR Toolkit, MOHLTC CDS data requirements, monthly stats)
- Regularly engages in community outreach (e.g. participates in committees and networks related to MCIT, educates community about the MCIT program etc.)
- Other related duties as assigned
Why Humber? Why Now?
- Current Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing or a diploma in nursing from an accredited educational institution
- Minimum of 3-5 years recent experience in an acute mental health setting required
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a community mental health setting preferred
- Current BCLS/CPR certification required
- Current Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) certification, or obtained within 6 months of hire
- Completed Canadian Nursing Association Certificate in Psychiatric Nursing, (or equivalent), or willingness to complete within 2 years of hire preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant legislation, including the Ontario Mental Health Act, Personal Health Information Protection Act, Health Care Consent Act
- Demonstrated familiarity with the Police Services Act
- Knowledge of and ability to access community resources
- Experience working with individuals with substance abuse and/or addictions is an asset
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in clinical assessment and supportive counseling
- Demonstrated skill in working with a broad range of client groups, environments using cross-cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Demonstrated clinical judgment, decision making, conflict resolution and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated comprehensive crisis assessment and intervention skills appropriate to a community setting
- Ability to form strong working relationships with Hospital Emergency Departments
- An awareness and Knowledge/experience in Trauma Informed Care preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of the therapeutic relationship and their application to crisis intervention
- Ability to work independently and as a member of an inter-professional team
- Demonstrated excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Demonstrated exceptional interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Proficiency in computer skills
- Increased liability insurance through the RNAO preferred
- Excellent attendance and discipline free record required.
Humber River Hospital is on an exciting transformation journey of redefining patient care as we leverage the most advanced technologies to enhance all aspects of delivering high-quality, safe care. We continue to build a people-centered workplace with excellent staff and physician engagement by hiring passionate, diverse and inclusive healthcare professionals. People who care and live our values of Compassion , Professionalism and Respect . People who are committed to making a positive difference.
We are a Studer Group
hospital, focused on building our evidence-based practice and hardwiring a culture that WOWs.
Why? Because at Humber River Hospital, we know it's our people and our ability to innovate that allows us to consistently deliver a great patient experience and the best quality outcomes. After all, we are the hospital that believes exceptional care...healthier community
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this position. However, the actual responsibilities, duties, qualifications and experience may vary. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Information contained in this job posting/description is subject to change.
This position will be filled in accordance to the Ontario Nurses Association (ONA) collective agreement.
Humber River Hospital is committed to inclusion and diversity. We believe that diversity drives our culture of innovation. By bringing together a variety of different perspectives, it fuels our creative thinking, generates new ideas and creates solutions designed to address tomorrow's healthcare challenges today. We take pride in providing professional development and career advancement opportunities for our employees including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with physical and developmental disabilities. We also provide accommodation to applicants and all of our employees - from hire to retire.
Let us know what we can do to help you be successful during your recruitment experience at Humber River Hospital Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Humber River Hospital, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the hired employee's first date of employment Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital's obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis