REGISTERED NURSECandidates are invited to apply for the Full Time Evenings nursing position, and other vacant nursing positions at West Park Health Centre, a 69-bed long-term care facility, located in St. Catharines, Ontario.
Reporting to the Director of Care, the RN will enhance the effective management and quality of nursing practice in keeping with the Standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario, Long Term Care Standards, as well as Southbridge and Extendicare Standards, policies and procedures.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure resident care is provided with established nursing standards and principles, physicians' orders and administrative policies, as well as, observe, report and record vital signs, symptoms and conditions of residents. Assure observance of required techniques in nursing care.
- Assist in assessing residents and develop, implement, review and evaluate resident care plans. Monitor residents' health, notes changes in condition and assess need for referral to doctors; processes and implement physicians' orders.
- Plan, direct, supervise and evaluate the work of nursing and personal care staff assigned to the unit. Orient and train new personnel and may participate in in-service education. Monitor performance and conduct performance appraisal and refers problems to the Director of Care.
- Assist in preparing the Facility for RAI MDS and complete coding assignments.
- Take charge of the Facility in the absence of the Director of Care.
- Staff replacement in the absence of the care clerk.
- Comfortable with medication pass to 35 residents.
- Capable of providing emotional and social supports to residents and families.
- Appropriate current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario required.
- Registration or eligible for registration with the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario.
- Experience interacting effectively with persons who have cognitive impairments, using approaches like G.P.A and P.I.E.C.E.S.
- Knowledge and experience meeting the standards of care, set forth in the Long Term Care Homes Act, 2007, as well as knowledge and the ability to uphold the Residents' Bill or Rights .
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices, as well as knowledge in Infection Control Practices, I.P.A.C. certification preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to working with seniors.
- Ability to work effectively individually and with others while prioritizing tasks to handle the most urgent first.
- Ability to present information clearly and effectively both verbally whether in person or over the phone, and in writing; an active listener who projects a friendly demeanor.
- Ability to collect and use information to thoroughly think through problems and situations; puts information from various sources together to see the 'big picture', and generate creative solutions.
- Organizational, planning, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Familiarity with P.C.C. and e.M.A.R.
- Current First Aid and C.P.R. certification preferred.
In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.
Powered by JazzHR