Apply for position Registered Nurse - Veteran's Centre/Geriatrics (LSSW) - Regular Full-time (SBLSFT-122121)
Toronto, ON, CA Posted: 2/25/2022 1:26:41 PM
We currently have Regular Full-time
opportunities for a Registered Nurse
in the Veteran's Centre - LSSW
at Bayview. Summary of Duties
The RN is responsible for the total care of a group of residents within a primary nursing care delivery model. The RN supports the Philosophy of Patient Centre Care concept and principles and the Mission and Values of Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre. The RN works closely with other members of the multidisciplinary team. Qualifications/Skills
- Current Ontario Registration
- Current B.C.L.S. Certification
- Resident and Family Focused Care philosophy required
- Experience in Long Term care required
- Cognitive support experience an asset
- Ability to function in an interdisciplinary setting as a primary nurse
- Ability to work effectively and therapeutically in a setting with residents with dementia
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent assessment skills
- Demonstrated collaborative team-player
- Demonstrated commitment to person centred care approaches and principles
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting SBLSFT-122121
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click ''Apply for the Position'' at the bottom of this page.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Sunnybrook, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND
have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days ago. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital's obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Apply for position
« Back to Nursing (RN / RPN)