Position Profile Build your career - at the hospital that's built for the future
Humber River Hospital is committed to revolutionizing patient care for our diverse community. With the opening of our new facility, North America's first fully digital hospital, on October 18, 2015, the future is very exciting for our people and programs. And we're looking for exceptional individuals to join our great team: people who share our passion to deliver compassionate, professional, respectful care. The Hospital is formally affiliated with both the University of Toronto and Queen's University.
Right now we're looking for a Registered Nurse
to work in our Medical Imaging Department.Responsibilities:
- Registered nursing responsibilities in Medical Imaging including all modalities, patient preparation, pacemaker studies and recovery of patients post procedure.
- Work effectively with diverse Medical Imaging team of technologists, radiologists and clerical staff.
- Work collaboratively with inter professional team external to the Medical Imaging department (CCAC, Nursing Homes, Dialysis, Cardiology, Oncology etc).
Hours of work:
- Current RN registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario required.
- Current BCLS certification required.
- Previous recent experience with special procedures in Radiology, CT, Interventional Radiography, Mammography, Ultrasound, MRI, Prep Recovery, Nuclear Medicine and Cardiology required
- Proficient ECG interpretation required.
- Proficiency in initiating IV therapy, IV push meds, including IV sedation and venipuncture required.
- Operating Room, Emergency Room, Recovery Room and/or Critical care experience preferred
- Coronary Care I and Coronary Care II courses required
- OR, Recovery Room and or Critical Care course/certificate preferred
- Demonstrated patient/family teaching skills
- Demonstrated patient assessment skills. Related patient assessment course is preferred.
- Demonstrated Patient Centered Care Values through excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work with a multidisciplinary team, patients, family members and visitors.
- Excellent attendance and discipline free record required.
Must be available to work all shifts or rotating shifts and must be available for on call rotation.Employee Group:
Interested applicants are required to submit an Application before the closing date. We thank all candidates that apply but only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview
Humber River Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact the Human Resources Department for assistance.Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Humber River Hospital, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the hired employee's first date of employment Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital's obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis