Registered Practical Nurse - A2 West Palliative
As a Registered Practical Nurse, you'll use a patient- and family-centred approach in providing holistic, quality and safe care to patients within the scope of practice identified by the College of Nurses of Ontario, evidence-based nursing practices and the standards set by Mackenzie Health. Working independently and collaboratively as part of the interprofessional care team, you'll contribute to creating a world-class health experience for patients and their families, by demonstrating professionalism at every turn, upholding our values of excellence, leadership and empathy, and exemplifying our Commitment to Caring.
Contribute to safe, quality care by
• Managing a workload effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• Addressing and resolving issues in a productive, respectful manner.
• Exercising sound professional judgment and using best practice guidelines.
• Contributing to a safe, inclusive environment for all through compliance with patient and staff safety policies and procedures.
What must you have?
• Practical Nurse Diploma from an approved nursing program preferred.
• Current Certificate of Registration in the General Class with the College of Nurses of Ontario required.
• If graduated prior to 1995, medication administration certificate from an approved community college required.
• Recent completion of a physical assessment course preferred.
• Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification
What else do you bring?
• Experience working with electronic medical records.
• Familiarity with the Regulated Health Professions Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, WHMIS, and the Standards of Practice of the College of Nurses of Ontario.
• Excellent interpersonal, listening, and verbal and written communication skills in English, with an ability to deliver information and work effectively with patients, families and colleagues.
• Demonstrated strong decision-making, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative and adjust to new or unexpected events.
• Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
Preferably, your profile also includes:
• Member of the Registered Practical Nurses' Association of Ontario (RPNAO) preferred.
• A minimum of 1 year recent nursing experience working as a Registered Practical Nurse in an acute care setting within the past 3 years preferred.
• Experience working with the elderly.
• Experience working with palliative and complex continuing care patients
• Ability to speak a second language.
*This position is being represented by OPSEU Service
*You may be required to work at any site of Mackenzie Health
FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS: As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to Mackenzie Health's Occupational Health and Safety department.