Make a difference in a growing, innovative mental health organization and centre of excellence in people-centered care. Work with supportive colleagues who are passionate about improving lives and champions for quality and continuous learning.
As a Registered Nurse on our Nursing Resource Team, you will be an integral part of a collaborative, inter-disciplinary team focused on delivering seamless services and programs to our clients and customers. If you are looking for a company that is constantly moving forward in pursuit of successful outcomes, get ready to love it here!
Internal applications for positions within a bargaining unit must be received within 7 days of this position being posted to have seniority considered.
What you'll be doing
• Provide nursing care to patients with addictions and/or a variety of mental health diagnoses
• Contribute to fluctuating patient care needs according to CNO standards, RNAO Best Practice Guidelines, specific program philosophy and diversified patient populations
• Administer psychiatric and non-psychiatric medications and treatments
• Ensure necessary clinical assessments are initiated following admission and at various other times
• Engage with interdisciplinary teams and individual team members as appropriate
• Act as a preceptor, mentor, coach, or resource nurse as appropriate
• Participate in clinical discussions, team meetings, and patient/family conferences
• Accept changing work assignments across the Health Centre as required and directed by supervisor and/or delegate
What we're looking for
• Licensed as a Registered Nurse with the CNO, in good standing
• BScN preferred
• CPMHN (C) would be an asset
• Experience working with patients who have a broad range of addiction and psychiatric diagnoses preferred
• Strong interpersonal skills and respectful communication style with patients, families and staff
• Working knowledge of the Mental Health Act, and community mental health resources
• BCLS Level C for Healthcare Providers or equivalent
• Experience with group facilitation
• Sound clinical judgment based on current best practices, and patient centered care
• Applied understanding of the Stages of Change Model, Mental Status Exam, and Crisis management
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Computer proficiency with Word, Outlook
• Flexibility with respect to work schedule
• The following would be assets:
o Knowledge of CBT/DBT
o Understanding of the addicted patient population, treatment methodologies, and medications
o Previous training in boundaries and suicide awareness
o Experience with any eMR
Why work with us
Homewood Health is Canada's largest and leading service provider for medically focused, evidence-based treatment of mental health and addiction disorders. Our organizational culture values service excellence, integrity, collaboration and innovation. Our people make a difference!
Homewood Health Inc. is committed to ensuring that its teams reflect the diversity of our community and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals. In accordance with the various provincial legislations that we operate under, Homewood Health is committed to working in collaboration with any team member who may require workplace accommodation in order to successfully perform any or all aspects of their role. Join us at Homewood Health™ and be part of a diverse team helping Canadians live healthier, more productive and fulfilling lives.