Registered Nurse - Mental Health Resource TeamPermanent Full Time
As a Registered Nurse, you'll use a patient- and family-centred approach in providing holistic, quality and safe care to patients within the scope of practice identified by the College of Nurses of Ontario, evidence-based nursing practices and the standards set by Mackenzie Health. Working independently and collaboratively as part of the interprofessional care team, you'll contribute to creating a world-class health experience for patients and their families, by demonstrating professionalism at every turn, upholding our values of excellence, leadership and empathy, and exemplifying our Commitment to Caring. The Mental Health resource nurse will work in 3 areas
of the program including Inpatient Mental Health, Emergency Psychiatric Unit (EPU) and Emergency Department (ED) Crisis. Contribute to safe, quality care by
What must you have?
- Managing a workload effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Addressing and resolving issues in a productive, respectful manner.
- Exercising sound professional judgment and using best practice guidelines.
- Contributing to a safe, inclusive environment for all through compliance with patient and staff safety policies and procedures.
What else do you bring?
- Current Certificate of Registration in the General Class with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification.
Preferably, your profile also includes:
- At least 3 years recent experience in one of the 2 areas of Mental Health - Inpatient Psychiatry Unit or Crisis Work
- Proven clinical experience with patient-focused care, including strong patient assessment, care planning, patient education and documentation skills.
- Knowledge of Psychiatric Diagnoses and their associated symptoms and presentation and Psychiatric Medications.
- Good crisis intervention skills.
- Knowledge of the Mental Health Act.
- Experience working with electronic medical records.
- Familiarity with the Regulated Health Professions Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, WHMIS, and the Standards of Practice of the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, and verbal and written communication skills in English, with an ability to deliver information and work effectively with patients, families and colleagues.
- Demonstrated strong decision-making, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
* This position is represented by ONA* You may be required to work at any site of Mackenzie Health* FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS: As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to Mackenzie Health's Occupational Health and Safety department .
- Certification in CPMHN (c) is an asset.
- Basic level knowledge of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Behavioural Therapy, Motivational Interviewing and/or Dialectical Behavioural Therapy is an asset.
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing from an approved nursing program.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) preferred
- Recent completion of a physical assessment course.
- Membership in the Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario (RNAO)/Canadian Nurses Association (CNA).
- At least 1 year of recent nursing experience (within the past 3 years) working as a Registered Nurse in an acute care setting.
- Ability to speak a second language.
Mackenzie Health is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.