Home: Southbridge Cornwall (New Build)Location: Cornwall, OntarioPosition: Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) - Permanent, Full-Time (start date based on the opening of new building, July 29, 2022 - or can start immediately as Casual at Parisien Manor temporarily until transfer to New Building in July to Full-Time)
Tired of living to work? Work to LIVE in beautiful Cornwall at our newly built, Southbridge Cornwall long term care home! We're located on the beautiful St. Lawrence River and surrounded by the cultured SDG Counties and Akwesasne Mohawk nation. Offering competitive wages
, Southbridge Cornwall is proud of our new state-of-the-art home (anticipated to open in summer 2022) and welcome you to join our team!
"Every day you know that you will touch a life, or that a life will touch yours."
Ready to be part of a team that will truly value your hard work, dedication, and effort? Are you passionate about providing compassionate and quality care to residents in long term care? If you are, we want to hear from you!
Reporting to the Director of Care, the RPN will enhance the effective management and quality of nursing practice in keeping with the Standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario, Long Term Care Standards and Extendicare Standards.Responsibilities
- Ensure resident care is provide with established nursing standards and principles, physicians' orders and administrative policies, as well as, observe, report and record vital signs, symptoms and conditions of residents, and initiate remedial health measures where appropriate. Assure observance of required techniques in nursing care.
- Assess residents and develop, implement, review and evaluate resident care plans. Monitor residents' health, notes changes in condition and assess need for referral to doctors; processes and implement physician orders.
- Organize and direct functions and activities related to provision of care to residents including restorative care and palliative care as required. Interprets and implements established policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Plan, direct, supervise and evaluate the work of nursing and personal care staff assigned to the unit. Orient and train new personnel and may participate in in-service education. Monitor performance and conduct performance appraisal and refers problems to the Director of Care.
- Appropriate current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario required.
- Registration or eligible for registration with the Registered Practical Nurses Association of Ontario.
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices, as well as knowledge in Infection Control Practices.
- Effective human relation skills and demonstrated commitment to working with seniors.
- Effective communication skills and ability to work independently and collaboratively are essential.
Interested applicants should send their resumes here. We would like to thank all applicants for your interest in working as part of our team! Only those applicants selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted. If interested please here to apply. In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care, and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.
Powered by JazzHR