Apply for position Advanced Practice Nurse/Manager Interventional Radiology - Medical Imaging - Regular Full Time (212512)
Toronto, ON, CA Posted: 1/24/2022 4:09:10 PM
We currently have a Regular Full-time
opportunity for an Advanced Practice Nurse/Manager Interventional Radiology
position in the Medical Imaging
department at our Bayview
campus. Hours of Work: Weekdays
: Days; 8 hrs; Flexibility required Summary of Duties:
The Department of Medical Imaging seeks a dynamic Advanced Practice Nurse (APN)/ Manager to provide professional practice in the department and operations oversight for our angiography / interventional radiology modality, and to advance interprofessional collaboration of health care providers. We are looking for strong knowledge, clinical nursing expertise and interests in the area of image guided diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. In particular, there will be a focus in the interprofessional development and collaboration of health professionals including nurses, imaging technologists, technologist assistants, radiologists and interventionalists (NVI/VIR) in advancing patient outcomes and experience through strategic transformative changes in models of care and staffing. The APN/Manager is responsible for integrating and advancing clinical excellence by identifying, applying and evaluating best practices as defined by Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, and the broader community. The individual will facilitate learning and evidence based practice implementation and evaluation and will play an important role in knowledge creation and dissemination through research and quality improvement initiatives. Reporting to the Director of Medical Imaging and Professional Leader of Nursing, working collaboratively with all medical imaging leaders, the successful candidate will:
- Manage the operations of angiography and interventional radiology including all financial and human resources responsibilities of nurses in the department
- Develop and promote clinical best practices
- Lead the integration of patient-centred care initiatives to improve patient outcomes and experience
- Lead the interprofessional collaboration in medical imaging and beyond
- Identify and effectively address a wide range of educational needs with members of the entire patient care team, including the orientation of new staff
- Identify and lead opportunities to conduct and integrate interprofessional quality improvement and research projects
- Contribute to professional development for medical imaging staff
- Demonstrate effective use of collaborative approach to support teaching/learning, conflict management and other leadership responsibilities
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively make and manage practice change
- Evaluate the effectiveness of changes in practice
- Promote team culture and cohesiveness
- Mentor, support and advance nursing practice
- Be accountable for monitoring and evaluating overall practice of nursing staff using SHSC, College of Nurses of Ontario, and best practice standards.
- Required current Ontario College of Nurses Certificate of competence and BCLS certificate.
- Master's degree studies in Nursing (preferred) or health-related discipline completed or in progress
- Nursing leadership experience with demonstrated effective leadership and team work abilities
- Significant recent clinical and or operations managerial experience related to surgical/interventional suites including the pre and post procedural supporting areas. Examples include operating rooms, cardiac cath labs, PACU etc.
- Proven organizational, time management skills; flexible and adaptable to change and adjusting priorities.
- Established ability to integrate the concept of person-centred care into direct & indirect clinical practice.
- Demonstrated successful track record with change management including effective implementation, evaluation and supporting / sustaining positive change.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral, written and comprehension) working collaboratively within the inter-professional team.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting 212512
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click ''Apply for Position'' at the bottom of this page.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Sunnybrook, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND
have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days ago. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital's obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Apply for position
« Back to Non Union