Patient Care Assistants help with the provision of clinical support care to patients under the direction of a regulated health care provider. What must you have?
What else do you bring?
- Completion of a recognized program for personal support worker.
- One-year experience in a healthcare environment.
- Current certificate of Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) or willing to obtain within 3 months of hire date.
*This position is represented by OPSEU *You may be required to work at any site of Mackenzie Health FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS:
- Previous hospital experience working as a Patient Care Assistant in a long-term care setting.
- Experience working with the elderly.
- Knowledge of patient centered care.
- Proven attendance record.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others and demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health's Commitment to Caring.
- Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health - Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to Mackenzie Health's Occupational Health and Safety department.