Regular Part Time
Home and Community Care - Direct Nursing Services
The Team Assistant provides administrative support and assistance to in-home, placement and office Care Coordinators in order to facilitate the provision of patient services. Acts as a liaison for patients, service providers, Care Coordinators and other stakeholders to maintain accurate and current patient records using available technology, including the patient database. SHIFT REQUIREMENTS
Days and hours may require flexibility. The initial area and/or schedule may change in order to facilitate the needs of Home and Community Care Support Services Central in accordance with the ONA Collective Agreement. Ability to work outside normal business hours is required.SALARY RANGE
As per the collective agreement.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Provides administrative support to facilitate the provision of patient services.
- Using a computer, initiates updates and maintains patient record in CHRIS database within documentation guidelines/parameters.
- Assists with the authorization procedures as directed by Care Coordinators, including contacting service providers and/or patients as per established protocol, i.e. rescheduling of service or booking home visits on behalf of the Care Coordinator.
- Forwards referrals to Service Ordering for the allocation of services, equipment and supplies for patients.
- Answers and responds in a professional manner to telephone, voice mail inquiries from patients, service providers, Care Coordinator and other callers to ensure the appropriate information is conveyed.
- Performs other related duties in accordance with Home and Community Care Support Services Central's goals and objectives.
Home and Community Care Support Services Central is committed to providing support to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Candidates requiring accommodation should advise Human Resources. Support will be provided in accordance with the applicant's needs and in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibilities for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
- Grade 12 Diploma plus Community College Business/ Office Administration, Medical Diploma.
- 2 years' related experience. Experience in a healthcare environment would be a definite asset.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, with a sound knowledge of the English language, spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Bilingualism (English/French) considered an asset.
- Proficiency working in a windows environment using Microsoft applications including Word, Outlook and the Internet. Experience with patient databases or other applications used by Home and Community Care Support Services Central is asset.
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills to ensure data is entered accurately.
- Ability to work independently and accurately in the presence of frequent interruptions.
- Maintain confidentiality, exercise good judgment and discretion.
- Ability to manage frequent changes within a team environment.
- Regular attendance at work is required.