Apply for position Registered Nurse - Birthing Unit - Regular Part Time (220919)
Toronto, ON, CA Posted: 3/22/2022 2:01:59 PM
We currently have a Regular Part-Time (0.5 FTE)
opportunity for a Registered Nurse
in the Birthing Unit
at our Bayview
campus. Hours of Work: Weekdays & Weekends:
Days, Nights; 12 hrs; as per schedule; Statutory Holidays Required Summary of Duties
The RN is responsible for maternal & newborn care during the post-partum period as well as care for women and their families during labour and delivery. The main functions of the RN of the unit include, but are not limited to:
- Conducts patient assessment, intervention, education, patient advocacy & discharge planning
- Provides bereavement counselling as required
- Alternate shifts with an equivalently skilled Birthing Unit nurse and provides care to women in labour and their families
- Ability to scrub and circulate for caesarean sections
- Collaborates with other members of the health care team in those activities which facilitate the operation of the unit and in providing excellent patient/family-centred health care.
- Supports the philosophy of family centred maternity care & the Mission, Vision & Values of Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre.
- Current CNO Registration in good standing required.
- Recent, related obstetric RN experience in Tertiary care setting required
- Recent, related maternal & newborn experience
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication & interpersonal skills are essential.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated team player with the proven ability to set priorities of care
- Demonstrated commitment to evidence based practice
- Breastfeeding skills course certificate required
- Must have CPR Certification.
- NRP required
- Must have experience with fetal monitoring & have ability to scrub & circulate for caesarean section & conduct vaginal exams
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with members of the interprofessional team
- Demonstrated positive approach to change
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of person centred care approaches and principles
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting 220919
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click ''Apply for Position'' at the bottom of this page.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Sunnybrook, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND
have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days ago. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital's obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Apply for position
« Back to Nursing (RN / RPN)