Internal/External Employment OpportunityPosition Title:
Community Health RPN Component/Team:
Supervised Consumption and Treatment Services Status:
Permanent, 1.0 FTE Full-Time (35 hours per week) Salary Scale:
$46,938 - $56,547 annualized salary plus benefits Start Date:
ImmediatelyAPPLICATION DEADLINE: May 5, 2022 at 4:00 pmPosition Description:
The role of the Community Health RPN, SCS is to conduct nursing assessments, provide health education, and respond to opioid overdoses in our supervised consumption service. All work will be performed according to Centre protocols and the College of Nurses of Ontario standards of nursing practice.
The Community Health RPN, Supervised Consumption and Treatment Services is a member of the Oasis team and works closely with team members to provide the highest possible quality of health care services to clients.Reporting Relationship:
The Community Health RPN, SCS is directly accountable to the Oasis Nursing Team Leader for the carrying out of their duties and through the Oasis Nursing Team Leader to the Director of Oasis and to the Executive Director.
As a Community Health RPN, the incumbent is responsible to meeting the licensing and regulatory requirements of the College of Nurses as the professional governing body. RequirementsSkills, Education and Experience:
Requirements for this position include: Education and Language
College Diploma-Registered Practical Nursing Program Certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario. Under the Centre's designation to provide French Language Services this position is designated bilingual preferred:
- French (oral expression): Advanced +
- French (oral comprehension): Advanced +
- French (reading comprehension): Intermediate
Fluency in English, both oral and writtenProfessional Experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Three to five years nursing experience working within a harm reduction approach
- Experience working with a broad range of populations, including: people with HIV/AIDS, hepatitis C, street involved people, transgendered people, men who have sex with men, sex trade workers, people with mental illness, people with substance use disorder, and other marginalized groups
Hours of Work
- Knowledge of the impact of the social determinants of health on HIV, hepatitis C and substance use disorder and recovery
- Understand how to apply harm reduction strategies within a clinical setting.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Effective communication skills, including health education
- Ability to work with people with concurrent disorders (substance use and mental health)
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary care giving team.
- Ability to work within the mandate of the Sandy Hill Community Health Centre and the Oasis Program
- Ability to work under stress with multiple demands.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and various software applications
- Demonstrated flexibility, good judgment, initiative & creativity
- Respects and values the diversity of communities and individuals
- Sensitivity and alertness to signs of a client in crisis
- Commitment to and knowledge of community-based health care
- Must be available to work 8 to 12.5 hour work days. Centre hours include days, evenings (no nights), and some weekend work.
Sandy Hill Community Health Centre offers employees an excellent benefits package which includes four weeks holidays (pro-rated to status) in addition to a Pension Plan (Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan - HOOPP) and excellent Group Insurance Plan.Conditions of Employment:
Hours of work will be developed in collaboration with the successful candidate to ensure a healthy work-life balance. A schedule of work will be based on the Centre's hours of operation and program requirements and may include some evenings.
An offer of employment will be conditional upon the candidate completing a criminal reference check, verification of educational requirement for this position and linguistic profile to the satisfaction of the Sandy Hill Community Health Centre.
Please note that Sandy Hill CHC has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. All applicants are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for employment. An offer of employment will be conditional upon the candidate providing proof of full vaccination. Reasonable accommodations will be considered for individuals with a medical reason or a reason pursuant to the Human Rights Code that restricts them from being vaccinated against COVID-19.Accommodation:
SHCHC will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment process.
If at any stage in the selection process you require accommodation due to disability, please let us know the nature of the required accommodation.
Clients of the Centre are welcome to apply. Should a client become the successful candidate, they will no longer be able to continue receiving services at Sandy Hill Community Health Centre. Assistance will be made available to find an alternative provider.