Apply for position Registered Nurse - Trauma, Burns and Complex Care Rehab Program (A2) - Regular Part-Time (212137)
Toronto, ON, CA Posted: 3/21/2022 4:00:26 PM
We currently have a Regular Part-time (0.2 FTE)
opportunity for a Registered Nurse
in Trauma, Burns and Complex Care Rehab Program (A2)
at our St. John's Rehab Campus.
Registered Nurse (RN) establishes caring, therapeutic relationships with patients & their families to attain or maintain optimal functioning by promoting health and/or treating health conditions through supportive, preventative, therapeutic, palliative and rehabilitative means. The RN provides excellent patient and family centred nursing care to those with a wide range of health issues, often with complex patient situations requiring multiple nursing interventions in a culturally sensitive manner. Provides leadership in emergency and/or rapidly changing patient situations. The RN is an autonomous professional who works independently and interdependently as part of the interdisciplinary health care team.
- Diploma in Nursing Required, Bachelors of Science in Nursing (B Sc N.) or equivalent preferred.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario in good standing with no restrictions to practice
- Current B.C.L.S. is required
- RNAO membership (preferred)
- Previous experience in Trauma, Burns and Complex Care Rehab Program (A2) Rehab Programs Specialty certification an asset.
- Ability to perform duties in professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to organize patient care demands and to set priorities.
- Ability to use critical thinking, problem-solving and decision-making skills to solve patient care issues.
- Technical competence as appropriate for specialty area.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with RN, RPN, physicians and other members of the health care team.
- Demonstrated professional judgement and interpersonal skills in dealing with patients, their families, other health care team members and the community.
- Effective verbal / written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Committed to on-going professional development
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting 212137
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click ''Apply for Position'' at the bottom of this page.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Sunnybrook, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND
have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days ago. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital's obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Apply for position
« Back to Nursing (RN / RPN)