The Personal Support Worker (PSW) provides assistance to patients with daily activities in hospitals, nursing homes, or patient's homes. Daily activities may include personal hygiene and grooming, feeding, transferring or positioning, light housekeeping and so on. PSWs should observe for changes in patient's conditions and summon nursing staff where necessary. This is a casual/PT position with the possibility for FT hours. Accountabilities:
- Provide assistance with hygiene and grooming, including bathing, skincare, mouth care and hair care.
- Provide assistance with dressing and undressing.
- Provide support with toileting, utilizing bedpans, urinals, commodes, incontinent products, emptying and changing leg -bags, bowel routine.
- Provide assistance with the use of personal aids such as dentures, hearing aids, and prostheses.
- Provide assistance with transferring, positioning and ambulating through the use of mechanical aids and transferring devices.
- Provide companionship and emotional support to clients.
- Provide home support functions to the client such as menu planning, meal preparation, assistance with feeding.
- Provide light housekeeping and laundry, as required.
- Observe and report to the case supervisor or the facility charge nurse any concerns or problems regarding the clients' physical and mental status.
- Document client information regarding personal care and home management services, as required.
Working Conditions and/or Job Requirements:
- Must have a PSW certification from an accredited institution.
- English communication required; bilingualism is an asset.
- Must be able to work shifts (day, evening, night).
- Must have a current CPR certificate.
- Must have a recent (within the last 1 year) police check for the vulnerable sector.
- Must have a negative TB test from within the last 1 year.
- Must have a mobile device and access to the internet.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to monitor patients for extended periods of time.
- Ability to respond swiftly.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Must have a high degree of patience.
- Must be calm and respectful.
- Must be proficient with technology
About Alio Health Services:
- Ability to travel to multiple sites, including hospitals, long-term care facilities or patient homes.
- Requires mental stamina to stay awake at all times when with a patient.
- Ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 30 pounds.
Focused on creating the best experiences for patients, caregivers and the health care industry as a whole. Alio Health specializes in the design and implementation of comprehensive Patient Support Programs (PSP) that enhance the patient's experience throughout their treatment journey. Working with our clients we design customized Programs that connect all parties using a targeted approach, which delivers the simplest and most effective Program focused on the patient's experience.Alio Health's unique and proprietary PSP workflow automation software and systems ensures excellent quality control and provides significant operational cost efficiencies. This allows Alio to provide in-home services at about the same cost as in-clinic services, thus adding a superior service element to our Patient Support Programs.Together, we are enhancing patient care to positively impact the lives of people everyday.