Cedarvale Terrace - 429 Walmer Rd. Toronto, ON
At Cedarvale Terrace we are passionate about 'Making Every Moment Matter." We are seeking a candidate that shares our values - a person who has a passion to make a difference, who has a strong moral compass, and who has a commitment to teamwork.
We are passionate about providing compassionate care for families loved ones, where the residents of our home come before anything else. Our values follow a 'People' focused Philosophy, Participation Excellence Openness Performance Longevity Efficient Use of Resources. This philosophy can be seen in every aspect and level of our home. Responsibilities of a Registered Practical Nurse
The Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) reports directly to the Director of Care. He/she shall provide professional nursing care to all Residents and supervise the care given. He/she is required to assess all Resident needs and plans, implementing and evaluating the care program.
Essential Duties are the technical skills and knowledge that an employee requires in order to perform their role. Below is detailed information on the required Essential Duties for your position.
- Provides direction and supervision to all PSW's/Care Attendants,
- Assesses Residents on move-in and every six months thereafter unless there has been a change in the condition of the Resident,
- Creates the care plan for each resident,
- Responsible for orientation of new Associates,
- Accountable for the medication delivery system for the Residents,
- Monitors Associate's performance and completes performance appraisals,
- Liaison with Residents, families, and outside agencies as required Respects the Residents' Bill of Rights,
- Liaison with the Resident's physician as necessary,
- Promotes a safe, healthy workplace,
- Completes weights and blood pressure checks as required,
- Provides ongoing education to Associates to meet legislative requirements and learning needs of Associates,
- Completes nursing documentation,
- Aware of role and responsibilities under the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
We take pride in our employees, so your qualifications are important to us. We use them to get to know you and see if we are a good fit for each other. The qualifications needed to join our family are as follows:
- Registered Practical Nurse with a current certificate of competence and a member in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario,
- Medication Certificate required,
- Experience with the care of the elderly,
- Empathy for and understanding of the elderly,
- A high degree of tolerance and patience,
- Good communication skills, both oral and written,
- Supervisory capability and experience,
- Ability to walk, stand, carry equipment and ability to lift and transfer Residents,
How to apply?
Please submit a resume. We look forward to speaking with you, and making every moment count!
Our organization takes the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities into account during the position summary review process.