Need the flexibility to work around your school or family life? Want to work 12 hour shifts with one client in a home care setting and avoid the COVID breakouts? Come and work with Bayshore!
Bayshore is seeking a dedicated overnight Registered Practical Nurse (RPN)/ Registered Nurse (RN) that is available to work for our client in Port Perry from 7:00PM to 7:00AM. Schedule depends on your availability and you can work as many hours as you would like!
We continue our 50+ year tradition of providing high-quality care to our community. As a trusted partner, Bayshore is working to respond and provide much needed services to its clients and communities across Canada. As a Nurse, we offer you the chance to make a difference and do meaningful work within the settings and schedules that match your needs and interests.
At Bayshore, you create special moments for clients every day. If your calling is to “be the difference” by providing outstanding nursing care, then a Health Care Career with Bayshore is the Perfect Fit for YOU!
Bayshore strives to take good care of you – while you take care of others:
- 12-hour shifts working alongside a PSW to do one on one care with a spinal cord injury client.
- Chart your path - Take charge of your day and manage what’s important to you. We offer nurses and caregivers work flexibility designed to empower you. Choose the number of hours you want to work and a schedule that compliments your lifestyle
- Shape the wellbeing of our clients & communities - Take control and use your experience to create special moments for your clients and help us build better communities
- Realize your full potential - We are committed to helping you realize the future you desire and we achieve this through a wide variety of work options, continuous learning, and access to healthcare experts
- Feel rewarded for doing what you love - Do you want to make a difference and get back to the fundamentals of caring? We will empower you to do work you are passionate about with autonomy and support from experienced colleagues and supervisors. We offer competitive pay and comprehensive company-sponsored benefits for you and your family
- Work in a safe and healthy work environment – We take health & safety seriously. We provide personal protective equipment (PPE), relevant training in line with evolving health guidelines, and daily infection prevention screening of clients and workers to help prevent exposures to COVID-19
- Travel incentive (Port Perry only)
The Work You Will Do
As a Licensed/Registered Practical Nurse, you will work to meet the diverse needs of the clients you serve in your community by providing a wide range of nursing services:
- Build relationships while working one-on-one with your clients to provide care in a facility or in their own home; deliver the highest quality home health care with compassion, excellence, and reliability
- Provide client care by using the skills of observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, and counseling
- Provide care according to the established care plan or medical directive of each individual ensuring that, on an ongoing basis, the emotional, physical comfort, and safety of clients are met to the greatest possible extent
- Perform routine and specialized nursing duties (as qualified) in accordance with company policies and procedures and Standards of Nursing Practice
- Participate in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities
Provide care including standard care services as well as specialized, client specific procedures when required
Who You Are
- Desire to help improve the lives of those in your community
- Dedicated to providing high-quality care services to clients and knowledge of practices and methods of community care
- Hold a current Registered Practical Nurse / Licensed Practical Nurse license in good standing within your province
- Graduate of a nursing degree/diploma from an accredited School of Nursing
- Have either a reliable mode of transportation (bus, train, etc) OR a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle for commuting
- A clear Police Criminal Record and able to get a Vulnerable Sector Screening Check if required.
- Experience with spinal cord injury client(s) is an asset
- Experience with intermittent catheterization is an asset (we will also provide training)
- Must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada**
**Bayshore is committed to a high quality and safe environment for both our staff and clients/patients. At Bayshore all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two dose vaccine series or one dose of a single- dose vaccine series); AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the official start date of hire. Medical exemptions or any other kinds of requested exemptions based upon Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Bayshore is in accordance with provincial Accessibility regulations as well as Provincial Human Rights Code legislation.