Apply for position Registered Practical Nurse - Maternal & Newborn Unit - Regular Part-Time (0.5 FTE) (220516)
Toronto, ON, CA Posted: 2/16/2022 9:15:04 AM
We currently have a Regular Part-Time (0.5 FTE)
opportunity for a Registered Practical Nurse
in the Women & Babies Program- Maternal & Newborn Unit
at our Bayview
campus. Hours of Work: Weekdays & Weekends
: Days, Nights, 12hrs, As per schedule
Statutory Holidays required. Summary of Duties
Through the use of the nursing processes, the RPN is responsible for the care of a patient or group of patients as assigned by the Nursing Director of the unit or her delegate within their scope of practice. The RPN works closely with other members of the health team. The RPN supports the Philosophy of Family Centred Care and principles and the Mission and Values of Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre. Qualifications/Skills
- Current Ontario College of Nurses Registration
- RPN diploma 2005 or later or completion of continuing education to meet current entry to practice competencies
- Understanding of RPN scope of practice and responding to situations that affect patient's health by taking appropriate actions when patient needs exceed own scope of practice
- BCLS and NRP
- Breastfeeding course
- A keen interest and appreciation with previous experience within the last 5 years working with Maternal & Newborn patients
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Team player with proven ability to set priorities of care
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to evidence based practice
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with members of the interprofessional team
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated positive approach to change
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting 220516
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click ''Apply for the Position'' at the bottom of this page.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Sunnybrook, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND
have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days ago. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital's obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Apply for position
« Back to Nursing (RN / RPN)