: Southbridge PinewoodLocation
: Thunder Bay, ONJob role
: Registered Practical Nurse - Part Time and Full Time
Tired of living to work? Work to LIVE in beautiful Thunder Bay, the city people who have traveled the world still return to and call home! Located on Lake Superior, Thunder Bay offers a taste of the wild right from your backyard, while still also offering all the comforts a city has to offer. There are numerous outdoor activities to take part in such as camping, hiking, climbing (even ice climbing!), cycling, fishing, hunting, and more! Thunder Bay and its surroundings in northern Ontario are also famed across the world for aurora sightings. There are also numerous restaurants, pubs, and shopping centers located in the city. Come to Thunder Bay and experience the wildest city in Ontario!
Ready to be part of a team that will truly value your hard work, dedication, and effort? Southbridge Pinewood
is looking for individuals from Thunder Bay, ON, and surroundings who want to build their careers in healthcare to serve people. On a daily basis, the RPN will enhance the effective management and quality of nursing practice in keeping with the standards and expectations set out by governing bodies and internal policies and standards of care.As an RPN, You will be accountable for...
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Ensuring exceptional resident care is provided while following protocols and maintaining physicians' orders.
- Observing, reporting, and recording vital signs, symptoms, and conditions of residents, and initiate remedial health measures where appropriate.
- Organizing and directing functions and activities related to the provision of care to residents.
- Assisting in the management of the work of nursing and personal care staff.
- Training and professional development of new staff, referring concerns to the Director of Care.
- Appropriate current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Bilingual in English and French is an asset but not required.
- A serving heart and a passion for caring for seniors.
- Registration/eligible for registration with the Registered Practical Nurses Association of Ontario.
- Previous similar experience in long-term care an asset, with comprehensive knowledge of duties.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team, to prioritize tasks in order of urgency.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and comprehension skills.
- Developed creative problem-solving skills to look at the "big picture".
Interested applicants should send their resumes through this posting. We would like to thank all applicants for your interest in working as part of our team! Only those applicants selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Southbridge Care Homes welcomes those applicants with disability-related needs and those who need accommodation in the recruitment process. Please provide notice of your need for accommodation to the hiring manager upon scheduling an interview. To know more about Southbridge culture, please visit here.
In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.
Powered by JazzHR