Position Profile Humber River Hospital. Lighting New Ways In Healthcare.
Five years since opening our doors as North America's first fully digital hospital and we remain unwavering in our belief that we can change the hospital where we work, the community where we live, and the world of healthcare beyond our borders. Serving a community of 850,000 residents in North West Toronto, Equity Inclusivity and active participation in the North West Toronto Ontario Health Team are key initiatives important to our Team. At Humber River Hospital, we use a custom combination of technology and clinical expertise to rebuild elements of care. We make technology work for staff and physicians; giving them more time to spend with patients, to eliminate inefficiencies, and to reduce the chance of errors. Humber River Hospital is formally affiliated with both the University of Toronto and Queen's University and committed to becoming a community academic hospital. Clinical Excellence, Optimizing Care through Technology and Community Connection frame our Research Strategy.
At Humber River Hospital, we're not hoping for a renaissance, we are making it happen. As part of our dynamic team, you can lead the way, as we continue our journey towards high reliability care!
Right now we are looking for a Registered Nurse
to work with our Birthing Unit.Reporting Relationship:
Manager, Birthing Unit and Prenatal ClinicHiring Salary Range:
$33.90 - $48.53Position Responsibilities:
- RN responsibilities with a focus on assessment and total patient care to women in the antepartum, intrapartum and the immediate postpartum period as well as stabilization and transitional care of the newborn.
- Scrubbing and circulating for cesarean births.
- Patient and family education and support.
- Expectation to work on the Mother Baby Unit when the need arises.
- Current RN registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario required.
- BCLS/CPR certification upon hire to show proof of valid current certification (Registered Nurses currently employed by HRH are exempted).
- Current NRP certificate required or agreement to obtain within 3 months of commencement into position.
- Fetal Monitoring Course required or agreement to obtain within 3 months of commencement into position.
- Recent Birthing Unit experience required.
- Scrubbing and circulating for cesarean births an asset.
- Proficiency in initiating IV therapy and venipuncture skills preferred.
- Obstetrical Nursing Certificate an asset. Breastfeeding Certificate an asset.
- Bereavement/palliative nursing care skills an asset. Good patient/family teaching skills required.
- Ability to facilitate family centered care.
- Willingness to be cross-trained to one other area within the Women's & Children's Health Program.
- Excellent attendance and discipline free record required.
Humber River Hospital - Wilson SiteHours of work:
Must be available to work rotating 12 hour shifts, Days/Nights and Weekend Rotation.
ONAWhy Humber? Why Now?
Humber River Hospital is on an exciting transformation journey of redefining patient care, as we leverage the most advanced technologies to enhance all aspects of delivering high-quality, safe care. We continue to build a people-centered workplace with excellent staff and physician engagement by hiring passionate, diverse and inclusive healthcare professionals. People who care and encompass our values of Compassion , Professionalism and Respect . People who are committed to making a positive difference.
We are a Huron Consulting
hospital, focused on building our evidence-based leadership practice and hardwiring a culture that WOWs.
Humber River Hospital is a member of the Toronto Academic Health Science Network
(TAHSN), which is a dynamic network of academic health organizations providing leading edge research, teaching and clinical care.
We have collaborated with TAHSN member institutions in addressing the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic. Our membership in TAHSN supports our strategic pillar of advancing Humber River Hospital as a community academic hospital.
Humber River Hospital was the recipient of the 2021 Excellence in Patient Safety Award
by the Canadian College of Health Leaders. This award recognizes teams that are committed to improving patient safety within a healthcare environment, through leadership, innovation, culture, and best practises.
Why? Because at Humber River Hospital, we know it is our people and our ability to innovate that allows us to consistently deliver a great patient experience and the best quality outcomes. After all, we are the hospital that believes exceptional care...healthier community
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this position. However, the actual responsibilities, duties, qualifications and experience may vary. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Information contained in this job posting/description is subject to change.
Humber River Hospital is committed to inclusion and diversity. We believe that diversity drives our culture of innovation. By bringing together a variety of different perspectives, it fuels our creative thinking, generates new ideas and creates solutions designed to address tomorrow's healthcare challenges today. We take pride in providing professional development and career advancement opportunities for our employees including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with physical and developmental disabilities. We also provide accommodation to applicants and all of our employees - from hire to retire.
Let us know what we can do to help you be successful during your recruitment experience at Humber River Hospital.Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Humber River Hospital, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the hired employee's first date of employment Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital's obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis