Humber River Hospital is committed to revolutionizing patient care for our diverse community. At our new facility, North America's first fully digital hospital, the future is very exciting for our people and programs. And we're looking for exceptional individuals to join our great team: people who share our passion to deliver excellent, patient-focused, expert care. The Hospital is formally affiliated with both the University of Toronto and Queen's University.
Right now we are looking for a Registered Nurse
to work with our Paediatric Inpatient Unit. Reporting Relationship:
Manager, Paediatrics & NICUHiring Salary Range:
$33.23 - $47.57Position Responsibilities:
- RN responsibilities, with a focus on assessment and total care of the patient (0-18 years).
- Parent and family education and support.
- Facilitate discharge planning.
- Rotating on a regular basis to the Surgical Day Care
- Specimen and phlebotomy collection.
- Current RN registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario required.
- BCLS/CPR certification upon hire to show proof of valid current certification (Registered Nurses currently employed by HRH are exempted).
- Current NRP certificate required or agreement to obtain within 3 months of commencement into position
- PALS certification required or agreement to obtain within 6 months of commencement into position.
- Current Paediatric experience required.
- S.T.A.B.L.E. certification an asset.
- Experience in Phase 2 Paediatric recovery an asset.
- Completion of course in pediatric assessment required or must obtain within 6 months of commencement into position.
- Breastfeeding support skills an asset.
- Proficiency in initiating IV therapy and venipuncture in infants and children
- Good patient and family teaching skills required.
- Bereavement/palliative nursing care skills an asset.
- Ability to facilitate family centered care.
- Willingness to be cross-trained to one other area within the Maternal and Child program.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required with an ability to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team as well as with parents and families from a diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Good organizational skills, with an ability to be flexible and adapt to effectively meet the changing needs and priorities of the unit.
- Willingness to rotate to other departments as required.
- Second language an asset.
- Excellent attendance and discipline free record required.
Humber River Hospital - Wilson SiteHours of work:
ONAWhy Humber? Why Now?
Humber River Hospital is on an exciting transformation journey of redefining patient care as we leverage the most advanced technologies to enhance all aspects of delivering high-quality, safe care. We continue to build a people-centered workplace with excellent staff and physician engagement by hiring passionate, diverse and inclusive healthcare professionals. People who care and live our values of Compassion , Professionalism and Respect . People who are committed to making a positive difference.
We are a Studer Group
hospital, focused on building our evidence-based leadership practice and hardwiring a culture that WOWs.
Why? Because at Humber River Hospital, we know it's our people and our ability to innovate that allows us to consistently deliver a great patient experience and the best quality outcomes. After all, we are the hospital that believes exceptional care...healthier community
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this position. However, the actual responsibilities, duties, qualifications and experience may vary. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Information contained in this job posting/description is subject to change.
Humber River Hospital is committed to inclusion and diversity. We believe that diversity drives our culture of innovation. By bringing together a variety of different perspectives, it fuels our creative thinking, generates new ideas and creates solutions designed to address tomorrow's healthcare challenges today. We take pride in providing professional development and career advancement opportunities for our employees including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with physical and developmental disabilities. We also provide accommodation to applicants and all of our employees - from hire to retire.
Let us know what we can do to help you be successful during your recruitment experience at Humber River Hospital.Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Humber River Hospital, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the hired employee's first date of employment Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital's obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Humber River Hospital, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the hired employee's first date of employment Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital's obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis