Position Profile Join our team of expert practitioners who contributes to excellent patient care through the development and delivery of acute pain programs and education of patients, families and the interprofessional staff.
Humber River Hospital is committed to revolutionizing patient care for our diverse community. We are looking for exceptional individuals to join our great team: people who share our passion to deliver excellent, patient-focused, expert care. The Hospital is formally affiliated with both the University of Toronto and Queen's University. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Nurse Practitioner
with our Acute Pain Service, Surgical Program.
The Acute Pain Service (APS) at Humber River Hospital is committed to reducing post-operative pain .The goal is to provide effective and safe pain management for surgical patients. The APS consists of a team of advanced practice nurses and physicians who have acquired special training and have expertise in pain control and pain management that includes an Anaesthesiologist and a Nurse Practitioner.
Are you a compassionate Nurse Practitioner
who is focused on delivering high-quality, safe-care? If yes, we invite you to read the details below then apply.Reporting Relationship:
Manager, PACU & Surgical Day CareHourly Rate Range:
$53.39 - $66.57Schedule Requirements:
Days and some evenings
Wilson Site (subject to change)
- Empowers the interprofessional team through education, clinical support and the development of standards of care related to acute pain management
- Uses Best Practice Guidelines, theoretical and clinical expertise in pain management to facilitate the provision of direct and indirect nursing care to patients with complex pain management needs within the Surgical Program. This includes the PATT, SDC and surgical inpatient areas (this does not include chronic pain management)
- Performs as a consultant, expert and resource for pain management
Why Humber? Why Now?
- Clinical Master's Degree in Nursing
- Proven experience working in an advanced clinical practice role
- Registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario and registered in the extended class
- Current BCLS
- Demonstrated skills in patient assessment
- Proven preparation and experience in pain management
- Demonstrated good customer service , interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proven patient and family centred skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking, conflict resolution, problem recognition and resolution skills
- Experience in mentoring, preceptoring and/or teaching
- Demonstrated knowledge of consultation process
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of adult education and teaching/learning principles
- Demonstrated ability to use information technology in clinical practice, education and research.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others and within a team culture
- Active memberships in relevant professional organizations (RNAO,OPANA,ORNAC)
- Additional certification or preparation in pain management preferred
- Critical Care Certification preferred
- Certification with CNA preferred
- Excellent attendance and discipline free record required.
Humber River Hospital is on an exciting transformation journey of redefining patient care as we leverage the most advanced technologies to enhance all aspects of delivering high-quality, safe care. We continue to build a people-centered workplace with excellent staff and physician engagement by hiring passionate, diverse and inclusive healthcare professionals. People who care and live our values of Compassion , Professionalism and Respect . People who are committed to making a positive difference.
We are a Studer Group
hospital, focused on building our evidence-based practice and hardwiring a culture that WOWs.
Why? Because at Humber River Hospital, we know it's our people and our ability to innovate that allows us to consistently deliver a great patient experience and the best quality outcomes. After all, we are the hospital that believes exceptional care...healthier community
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this position. However, the actual responsibilities, duties, qualifications and experience may vary. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Information contained in this job posting/description is subject to change.
This position will be filled in accordance to the Teamsters Clerical collective agreement.
Humber River Hospital is committed to inclusion and diversity. We believe that diversity drives our culture of innovation. By bringing together a variety of different perspectives, it fuels our creative thinking, generates new ideas and creates solutions designed to address tomorrow's healthcare challenges today. We take pride in providing professional development and career advancement opportunities for our employees including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with physical and developmental disabilities. We also provide accommodation to applicants and all of our employees - from hire to retire.
Let us know what we can do to help you be successful during your recruitment experience at Humber River Hospital. Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Humber River Hospital, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the hired employee's first date of employment Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital's obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis