Home Care Assistance Waterloo is currently hiring Caregivers and PSWs who have good interpersonal skills and a good command of the English language.Job Description:
PSWs in the Guelph region whose main responsibilities will contribute to managing activities of daily living (ADLs) and maintain the autonomy of clients. Applicants of interest will work primarily with the elderly in autonomous, semi-autonomous and total care conditions.Main responsibilities:
Requirements and working conditions:
- Assist clients with the personal care tasks of daily living, including skincare, haircare, mouth care, bathing, bowel and bladder care, positioning and movement, basic wound care, feeding (including special diets)
- Assist with ambulating and mobilization of the patient
- Perform other related housekeeping tasks as indicated in the individualized written client service plan.
- Practice universal precautions and adhere to WHMIS protocols.
- Recognize and report safety concerns or equipment malfunction in the home environment and act accordingly to meet the safety and the protection needs of the Client.
- Able to establish communication with appropriate sources in response to emergency
- Observe, document and report any emotional or physical changes in the Client's condition to the Client Care Manager/Supervisor
- Possess a Personal Support Worker Certificate or NACC certificate if you graduated from a private college - Preferred
- Provide a Satisfactory Criminal Record Check including the Vulnerable Sector Search - valid within 12 months
- Experience in LTC, Acute care, community care - Preferred
- Possess a current First Aid / CPR level "C" Certification;
- Up to date immunization record - including TB test valid within 12 months
- Have a valid driver's license
- Own a reliable, adequately insured vehicle (required due to time and distance between visits).
At Home Care Assistance Guelph you can expect:
- Proof of eligibility to work in Canada
- Minimum 2 professional references
- Competitive wages with frequent opportunities for raises
- employee health Care Benefits for caregivers that complete probation and fulfil specific criteria
- Ongoing training that can help you grow professionally and personally
- A supportive, caring work environment
- The opportunity to work one-on-one with seniors and truly make a difference in their lives
- A wonderful work culture where Personal Support Workers are highly valued and appreciated
All placements are non-medical and
are part-time with the required availability of 20 to 30 hrs per week
If you enjoy the company of the elderly and like to "Change the way the world ages" then we need you!
Powered by JazzHR