Canadian Health Labs (CHL) is a mobile healthcare provider under contract to provide healthcare services for various public and private sector organizations throughout Canada. This is an opportunity to contribute to keeping Canadians safe and healthy while getting to explore new locations across our beautiful country.
Experienced Registered Nurses (RN) and Licensed Practical Nurses (RPN)
are needed for travel/deployment assignments throughout Canada, providing community health services ranging from Long Term Care and all hospital departments. The Registered Nurse monitors and delivers nursing care to clients as directed by the nursing care plan and in accordance with all required internal and external professional practice standards.Evening and Weekend availability required.
We are looking for individuals who can travel/deploy for a minimum of 30-days (or longer).
Specific specialties in high demand:
CURRENT POSITION: RN/ RPN CURRENT LOCATION: Peterborough, ONTARIORequired Skills/Abilities:
- Long-Term Care/Home Care
- Emergency Department/Triage
- Operating Room/Floor
- General Medicine
- Labour & Delivery/OB
- Psychiatric/Mental Health
Education and Qualifications
- Arrange and/or provide client care by utilizing the skills of observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, counseling, and health teaching
- Provide patient centered care in alignment with nursing practice standards/scope of practice outlined by the Nursing association of Ontario
- Develop and review nursing care plans that are individualized to each client
- Participates in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of multidisciplinary care plan to meet the individualized needs of clients
- Provide care while ensuring that, on an ongoing basis, the emotional, spiritual, physical comfort and safety of clients are met to the greatest possible extent; care must be within the scope of practice of a Registered Nurse
- Incorporate a holistic comprehensive model of care to meet the emotional, spiritual and physical needs of clients
- Perform routine nursing duties in accordance with company policies and procedures and Standards of Nursing Practice as defined by the provincial regulating body; perform specialized nursing procedures for which recognized training and current competency can be demonstrated.
- Adhered to the current policies and procedures outline by the LTC facility/hospital setting and Canadian Health Labs
- Medication Administration (IV/IM/SC/Inhalation/Transdermal) and are familiar with high risk/high alert drugs or critical care infusions (ER/ICU/CCU/PACU)
- Provide patient education based on program protocols, individually or in groups
- Provide patient and family centered education, counseling and health promotion
- Coordinate daily with patients, case managers, physicians, scheduling, and other departments to meet established timelines for scheduling appointments, treatments, and communication of information
- Collaborated effective with interdisciplinary team member (physicians, NP, social worker)
- Consult with physicians, pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients regarding education and implementation of product specific programs
- Work collaboratively with the multidisciplinary health care team providing oversight and delegation of tasks to RPN/LPN, PSW as in accordance with the provincial college of nurses guidelines and institutional policies.
- Delegate tasks in accordance to the Nursing Association of Ontario
- Perform related duties and tasks as required (not sure if this is necessary)
- Maintain a safe and supportive environment for clients, family and staff members.
- Diploma/Degree (LPN/RN) and proof of good standing with the College of Nurses
- Valid BLS (Basic Life Support)
- Completed Surge Learning
- At least two years of recent experience, preferably in a community setting or in LTC facility; new grads may be considered for hire on an individual basis, providing they meet all other hiring criteria.
- Recent CRC/Vulnerable record check within the past 180 days
- Provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required as per provincial Covid-19 Immunization and Management Policy. (All hires must have received a full dose series of a COVID19 vaccine approved by health Canada, and have received the final dose (3) of the COVID19 vaccine within 14 days prior to the start date.
- TB Skin Test (completed within a year otherwise 1-step if between 1-2 years old, 2-step if older than 3 years) Other Skills and Abilities
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with all levels of clinical and non-clinical Field employees and interpret company policies, strong track record in health teaching.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to handle difficult situations in an objective consistent format.
- Exceptional interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team. ● Nurse in Charge experience considered an asset
- Able to perform and prioritize multiple functions and tasks
- Ability to prioritize care and demonstrates critical thinking skills
- Able to travel from assignment to assignment.
- Evidence of current CPR certification Compensation: Is based on experience and qualifications. Generous base + incentive options.
This is a CONTRACT
Powered by JazzHR