Registered Practical Nurse - Hemodialysis-Main site
Parmanent Full Time position
There's never been a better time to join Mackenzie Health! As we prepare to open our state-of-the-art Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital, and continue to operate Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital, we have many opportunities available for Registered Practical Nurses who share our commitment to quality, patient-centred care. Ultimately, this is where you want to be.
Through a patient and family centered approach, the Registered Practical Nurse provides holistic, high quality and safe care to patients within the scope of practice identified by the College of Nurses of Ontario, evidence-based nursing practices and the standards set by Mackenzie Health. Registered Practical Nurses provide care to patients with complex care needs that are well defined and established, who have predictable outcomes and manageable responses. As a member of and in collaboration with the interprofessional care team, the Registered Practical Nurse contributes to creating a world-class health experience for patients and their families with every interaction based on professionalism, the Hospital's Commitment to Caring and Mackenzie Health' s values of excellence, leadership and empathy.
Contribute to safe, quality care by
• Managing a workload effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• Addressing and resolving issues in a productive, respectful manner.
• Exercising sound professional judgment and using best practice guidelines.
• Contributing to a safe, inclusive environment for all through compliance with patient and staff safety policies and procedures.
What must you have?
• Practical Nurse Diploma from an approved nursing program preferred.
• Current Certificate of Registration in the General Class with the College of Nurses of Ontario required.
• If graduated prior to 1995, medication administration certificate from an approved community college required.
• Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification.
• Proven clinical experience with patient-focused care, including strong patient assessment, care planning, patient education and documentation skills.
What else do you bring?
• Experience working with electronic medical records.
• Familiarity with the Regulated Health Professions Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, WHMIS, and the Standards of
Practice of the College of Nurses of Ontario.
• Excellent interpersonal, listening, and verbal and written communication skills in English, with an ability to deliver information and work effectively with patients, families and colleagues.
• Demonstrated strong decision-making, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative and adjust to new or unexpected events.
• Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
• Proven attendance record.
• Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
• Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health's Commitment to Caring and values - Excellence, Leadership
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
Preferably, your profile also includes:
• Recent completion of a physical assessment course preferred.
• Member of the Registered Practical Nurses' Association of Ontario (RPNAO) preferred.
• A minimum of 1 year recent nursing experience working as a Registered Practical Nurse in an acute care setting within
the past 3 years preferred.
• Recent Dialysis experience preferred.
• 2-3 years' experience in acute medical/surgical or complex chronic care preferred.
• Successful completion of Nephrology 1 and 2 courses preferred.
• Requirement to provide hemodialysis treatments primarily at the Richmond HIll main site,site; however, may be assigned to the Cortellucc Vaughan Hospital, Vaughan stellite site and/or Oak Ridge's Satellite locations.
• Ability to participate in on-call for acute hemodialysis at Mackenzie Health Richmond Hill Hospital and other satellite sites including Southlake.
• Interest in working with acute and chronic patients in a hemodialysis environment.
• Ability to speak a second language.
*This position is represented by OPSEU
*You may be required to work at any site of Mackenzie Health
FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS: As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to Mackenzie Health's Occupational Health and Safety department.