Humber River Hospital is committed to revolutionizing patient care for our diverse community. At our new facility, North America's first fully digital hospital, the future is very exciting for our people and programs. And we're looking for exceptional individuals to join our great team: people who share our passion to deliver excellent, patient-focused, expert care. The Hospital is formally affiliated with both the University of Toronto and Queen's University.
Right now we are looking for a Registered Nurse
to work with our Operating Room, Surgical Program. Reporting Relationship:
Manager, Operating RoomHiring Salary Range:
- Scrubbing and circulating duties.
- Functions as part of the surgical team.
- Current RN registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Operating Room Certificate required.
- One year recent operating room experience preferred.
- Perioperative certification - CPN (c) required.
- Knowledge of ORNAC standards of practice.
- Ability to work well independently and to exercise sound judgment.
- BCLS certification upon hire to show proof of valid current certification (Registered Nurses currently employed by HRH are exempted).
- Demonstrated competence in all surgical services.
- Demonstrated good organizational and problem solving skills in stressful situations.
- Demonstrated good interpersonal skills with an ability to work well with a variety of staff, patients and visitors.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent attendance and discipline free record required.
Humber River Hospital - Wilson SiteHours of work:
8 hour days/evenings/weekends. Must be available for "on call" weekends, nights and statutory holidays
ONAWhy Humber? Why Now?
Humber River Hospital is on an exciting transformation journey of redefining patient care, as we leverage the most advanced technologies to enhance all aspects of delivering high-quality, safe care. We continue to build a people-centered workplace with excellent staff and physician engagement by hiring passionate, diverse and inclusive healthcare professionals. People who care and encompass our values of Compassion , Professionalism and Respect . People who are committed to making a positive difference.
We are a Studer Group hospital, focused on building our evidence-based leadership practice and hardwiring a culture that WOWs.
Humber River Hospital is a member of the Toronto Academic Health Science Network (TAHSN), which is a dynamic network of academic health organizations providing leading edge research, teaching and clinical care.
We have collaborated with TAHSN member institutions in addressing the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic. Our membership in TAHSN supports our strategic pillar of advancing Humber River Hospital as a community academic hospital.
Humber River Hospital was the recipient of the 2021 Excellence in Patient Safety Award by the Canadian College of Health Leaders. This award recognizes teams that are committed to improving patient safety within a healthcare environment, through leadership, innovation, culture, and best practises.
Why? Because at Humber River Hospital, we know it is our people and our ability to innovate that allows us to consistently deliver a great patient experience and the best quality outcomes. After all, we are the hospital that believes exceptional care...healthier community.Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Humber River Hospital, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the hired employee's first date of employment Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital's obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis