Job Description There's never been a better time to join Mackenzie Health! Mackenzie Health's two hospitals - Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital and Cortellucci Vaughan Hospital - and our community-based locations provide the ultimate in care to our community. We have opportunities available. Ultimately, this is where you want to be.
Patient Care Assistants help with the provision of clinical support care to patients under the direction of a regulated health care provider. What must you have?
What else do you bring?
- Completion of a recognized program for personal support worker.
- One-year experience in a healthcare environment.
- Current certificate of Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) or willing to obtain within 3 months of hire date.
*This position is represented by OPSEU *You may be required to work at any site of Mackenzie Health FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS:
- One year experience in a Healthcare environment.
- Experience in Mental Health.
- Demonstrated technical/mechanical ability and dexterity.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated customer service excellence.
- Proven attendance record.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health's Commitment to Caring.
- Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health - Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to Mackenzie Health's Occupational Health and Safety department.