Are you looking for a dynamic nursing specialty career opportunity? Do you like the idea of thinking on your feet in fast-paced environments? As a RN working in the OR Department at Lake of the Woods District Hospital (LWDH) you will working in pre-op, recovery room and the OR theatre. This will include treating patients who are suffering from trauma, injury or severe medical conditions that require surgical treatment and you will assist with scheduled elective surgeries. Visiting specialists provide an expanded surgical experience in a fast-paced team environment. As an integral member of the healthcare team you will have the opportunity to handle situations with care and confidence ensuring a positive patient care journey.
- Current registration with College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current Certification in BLS (Basic Life Support) and demonstrated ongoing competence through annual re-certification
- Current Certification in ACLS required
- Certification in IV Therapy with demonstrated ongoing competence
- Postgraduate program for perioperative preparation or willing to commit to 6 months of full-time training to successfully complete AORNs Periop 101 Course
- Certification in perioperative nursing (CPN-C) preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years clinical experience, operating room and recovery room experience considered an asset
- Ability to function independently in a perioperative setting
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience working in a stressful environment
- Ability to meet physical and mental requirements of the position
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience in teaching perioperative care plans to surgical patients
- Relevant experience performing critical assessments of unconscious post-operative patients
- Knowledge and experience with direct post-operative pain management
- Demonstrated experience performing critical assessments of day surgical patient needs
- Ability to function as part of multidisciplinary team
- Knowledge and experience of First Nations culture an asset
- Able and willing to participate in an on-call schedule and respond to calls within 30 minutes
- Reliable attendance record
Please apply through the online application process via https://lwdh.talentpoolbuilder.com/
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. First consideration will be given to current internal employees of LWDH.
Qualified applicants may be considered for other comparable positions or within the same classification other than this posted position.
Please prepare your application in accordance with the qualifications posted in the job advertisement. Applications will be screened based on the posted qualifications.
LWDH is committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion and belongingness in our operations, throughout our workplace, and seeks to employ individuals who are committed to and value these principles.
We believe in and promote the rights of all persons with disabilities as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA 2005) and its related Accessibility Standards Regulations. To meet this responsibility, LWDH will make appropriate accommodations, including alternative formats available. Please inform Human Resources of any accommodation(s) at any point throughout the recruitment and selection process to ensure your equal participation.
LWDH values the importance of creating a workplace that reflects the population it serves and promotes the representation of the Employment Equity groups as outlined by the Employment Equity Act (1993). Applicants are encouraged to self-declare at the time of application.