Apply for position Registered Nurse - Medical Radiation Oncology - Regular Part Time (220126)
Toronto, ON, CA Posted: 3/17/2022 2:25:23 PM
We currently have a Regular Part-time (0.4 FTE)
opportunity for a Registered Nurse
in the Medical Radiation Oncology
at our Bayview
campus. Hours of Work: Weekdays
: Days, Evenings, Nights; 8 and 12 hrs; As per schedule Alternating Weekends
: Days, Nights; 8 and 12 hrs; As per schedule Statutory holidays required TRAINING/EDUCATION TO BE PROVIDED TO SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS IF NEEDED (INCLUSIVE OF ANY CHEMOTHERAPY CERTIFICATION IDENTIFIED AS REQUIRED BY THE HOSPITAL) Summary of Duties:
RNs on the Unit work in an environment that fosters ongoing learning for staff and students with a commitment to preceptorship. The RN is responsible for the total care of a group of patients within a primary nursing care delivery model. The RN supports the philosophy of the person centred care concept and principles and the Mission and Values of Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre. The RN works closely with the members of the interprofessional team to provide care including discharge planning. Qualifications/Skills:
- Current Ontario Registration
- Current BCLS certificate
- Sc.N. preferred
- Nursing Oncology certification preferred
- Medical and radiation oncology experience an asset
- Ability to administer chemotherapy strongly preferred
- Ability to deliver care to complex oncology patient population (end of life, palliative care, M.A.I.D.)
- DeSouza Provincial Standardized Chemotherapy and Biotherapy (DeSouza) or ONS (Ontario Nursing Society) certification strongly preferred. Must be willing to maintain this certification and recertify if required;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and time management skills
- Ability to work effectively in a person centred care environment within the interprofessional team, including students
- Demonstrated interest in personal professional development
- Demonstrated commitment to person centred care approaches and principles
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting 220126
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click ''Apply for Position'' at the bottom of this page.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Sunnybrook, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND
have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days ago. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital's obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Apply for position
« Back to Nursing (RN / RPN)