Make a difference in a growing, innovative mental health organization and centre of excellence in people-centered care. Work with supportive colleagues who are passionate about improving lives and champions for quality and continuous learning.
As a Personal Support Worker, you will be an integral part of a collaborative, inter-disciplinary team focused on delivering seamless services and programs to our clients and customers. If you are looking for a company that is constantly moving forward in pursuit of successful outcomes, get ready to love it here!
Hours of Work: Permanent Full-time - 12 hour shifts, Sunday to Saturday
What you'll be doing
* Assist patients with activities of daily living, including direct personal care
* Contribute to the quality of life of patients by promoting their independence, dignity, comfort, safety and mobility
* Ensure that their social, emotional, spiritual and physical needs are met
* Provide clerical assistance and environmental support to Service Staff within their scope of knowledge, judgement and assessment skills
What we're looking for
* Health Care Aid and/or Personal Support Worker Certificate from a Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care approved program, or equivalent
* Minimum 1 to 2 years of experience, preferred
* Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Current CPR and First Aid Certificates required
Why work with us
Homewood Health is Canada's largest and leading service provider for medically focused, evidence-based treatment of mental health and addiction disorders. Our organizational culture values service excellence, integrity, collaboration and innovation. Our people make a difference!
As an equal opportunity employer, Homewood Health is committed to employment accessibility, diversity, equity and inclusion. For this reason, we encourage applications from members of equity-seeking groups including women, racialized and indigenous communities, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions.
Join us at Homewood Health™ and be part of a diverse team helping Canadians live healthier, more productive and fulfilling lives.