Registered Nurse - Surgical
2021-262Choose Collingwood General & Marine Hospital:
Explore a role with Collingwood General & Marine Hospital (CGMH) and live your ideal lifestyle. Located on the shores of Georgian Bay, you have the opportunity to enjoy the 4-season recreational community.
CGMH is a 74-bed facility serving more than 60,000 permanent residents and 3.5 million annual visitors to the communities of Wasaga Beach, Collingwood, Clearview and the Blue Mountains. CGMH is an acute care hospital providing emergency care, diagnostic services including lab, imaging and cardio respiratory therapy, as well as two inpatient units (medicine and surgery). In addition, CGMH provides care in specialty areas including obstetrics, orthopaedics, intensive care and surgery. CGMH also provides outpatient care including dialysis and a wide range of clinics including mental health and rehabilitation services. There are endless opportunities for families, adventure seekers, boaters, foodies and so much more. Corporate Culture:
At Collingwood General & Marine Hospital, we are anchored by our vision, mission and values and guided by our strategic directions. If you exhibit the core values of CGMH; Inclusive, Caring, Accountable, Respect, Excellence, Teamwork, Adaptable, we want you to join us in providing exceptional services to our patient and their families.Current Immunization Record required, including two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization, short of an approved exemption on a ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.Benefits:
This position also includes 6% vacation pay and 13% (or 9% + HOOPP) pay in lieu of benefits as well as access to the Employee & Family Assistance Program and access to CGMH Perkopolis discounts. CGMH endorses the Health Care Providers Group Insurance Plan which provides Group Benefits for you and your eligible dependents by enrollment only.The Opportunity:
A Surgical RN participates as a team member in the assessment, treatment, provision of care and health promotion for all patients through supportive, therapeutic, palliative and rehabilitative means while adhering to the standards mandated by the College of Nurses of Ontario. Scope of Practice: Provides care to medical, surgical, chronic, pediatric, obstetrical, rehabilitative and/or palliative patients whose care may be complex and whose outcomes may be unpredictable.Qualifications:
- Current Certificate of Registration as a Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current BCLS certification
- Coronary Care 1 essential
- Preferred Medical/Surgical nursing experience
- Current certification in IV therapy
- Physical assessment course
· Must strive to continuously provide a safe and supportive environment for patients, staff, physicians, and volunteers
· Must adhere to the duties of workers, as stipulated in the Occupational Health and Safety Act
· Must have an ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) in the English language in order to provide excellent communication with team members, patients and families. Ability to communicate in additional language(s) is considered an asset.
· Must have basic computer skills
· Must be dedicated to professional growth & development
· Must be able to perform all bona fide and essential duties of the position, which may include physical demands such as moving/transferring patients, pushing, pulling, bending, etc.
· Must have demonstrated excellent attendance/performance record
· Excellent organization and prioritization skills
· Ability to work independently and effectively communicate with other members of the health care team Duties and Responsibilities:
Contributes within the scope of an RN as a team member in the assessment, treatment, provision of care and health promotion for all patients through supportive, therapeutic, palliative and rehabilitative means while adhering to the standards mandated by the College of Nurses of Ontario.More Information: Location:
: ONA Employment Type:
Temporary Full-Time Start Date:
In line with next Hospital Orientation intake. Hours of Work:
12-hour shifts.Days, nights, and weekends.
Please be reminded that as a Hospital, in order to provide the necessary patient care, our operations run 24/7. Therefore, depending on the program for which you are applying, it may be an expectation that you are available to work weekdays and weekends, as well as all shifts - days, evenings, and nights.Wage:
$33.90 - $48.53 per hour HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in joining our inspiring team, please apply online before 11:59pm EST on the posting close date by submitting an updated copy of your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format.
Due to the volume of applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please be advised that as part of the mandatory screening process CGMH requires professional references, verification of academic training, professional accreditation, plus a current Police Vulnerable Sector Check.
Collingwood General and Marine Hospital is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. We encourage all qualified individuals who may contribute to a diverse and inclusive workplace to apply. If contacted regarding a competition, please advise Human Resources of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.