Glen Hill Terrace - Long Term Care
Registered Nurse (RN) – Full-time, Night Shift
Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including 3rd booster
Durham Christian Homes is a welcoming community that provides exemplary, quality care to our residents through empowerment, compassion, dignity and respect.
RNs are invited to apply to work at our long-term care home located in Whitby, Ontario. Reporting to the Director of Care, the RN will enhance the effective management and quality of nursing practice in keeping with the Standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario, Long Term Care Standards and home Standards.
- Ensure resident care is provided with established nursing standards and principles, physicians’ orders and administrative policies, as well as, observe, report and record vital signs, symptoms and conditions of residents, and initiate remedial health measures where appropriate. Assure observance of required techniques in nursing care.
- Assess residents and develop, implement, review and evaluate resident care plans. Monitor residents’ health, notes changes in condition and assess need for referral to doctors; processes and implement physicians’ orders.
- Organize and direct functions and activities related to provision of care to residents including restorative care and palliative care as required. Interprets and implements established policies, procedures and regulations.
- Plan, direct, supervise and evaluate the work of nursing (RN) and personal care staff (RN/RPN) assigned to the unit. Orient and train new personnel and may participate in in-service education. Monitor performance and conduct performance appraisal and refers problems to the Director of Care.
- Supervise building
- Knowledge of the Long Term Care Act and it’s applications to the provision of resident care.
- Current Certificate of Competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Gerontology Certificate preferred.
- Knowledge of RAI-MDS
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices, as well as knowledge in Infection Control Practices.
- Effective human relation skills and demonstrated commitment to working with seniors.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently and collaboratively are essential.
- Leadership training preferred.( RN )