Part-time Registered Nurse
We are currently recruiting a Part-time Registered Nurse for the Health Centre. The ideal candidate is a Registered Nurse, with previous nursing experience in a school, camp or instructional environment. The incumbent will be part of a team of nurses who oversee the Health Centre and Summer Camp day-to-day activities as well as respond to emergencies as needed and provide on call coverage. Hours will typically consist of 2 evenings per week plus 2 evenings on-call, 1 weekend in every 3 on-call and full days for 1 month of summer camp with some flexibility. The environment is fast paced and requires an individual who is capable of multi-tasking and prioritizing while maintaining an excellent rapport with all constituents.
The Health Centre is responsible for the overall health and well-being of students and members of the school community. Major responsibilities include collaboration with other members of the PC community, administration of medication and vaccines, monitoring and assessing needs of students and staff, scheduling outside appointments as required, developing care plans to support student recovery from illness or injury, and communicating with parents and caregivers. Additional responsibilities include development and implementation of guidelines and protocols for infection prevention and control as it pertains to COVID-19, liaise with York Region Public Health and other external agencies and maintaining health centre supplies. The nursing staff reports to the Director of Boarding and Health Services.
Your qualifications will include:
- Current registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Previous Nursing experience in a similar environment is an asset
- Previous experience dealing with children’s health matters
- Current CPR, First Aid and AED training
- Knowledge of Public Health Communicable Disease classifications, Canadian Immunization Schedule, childhood diseases, stages of child/adolescent growth and development
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and computerized patient records
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to work independently and as part of the school team
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate must provide a current Vulnerable Sector Screening Police Report and proof of vaccination against Covid-19. Suitable accommodations are available for applicants with accessibility needs due to disability upon request.
If you would like to be considered for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume to: